Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along week 13 Photo Page -Blocks 25 & 26 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-week-13-photo-page-blocks-25-26-a-t72531.html)

fryguymoore 08-19-2011 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I would share my disapointment!!!!! #25 still needs to be fixed. I tried so hard to be careful on these blocks. I even decided against a nightcap last night so these would turn out right. Tonight I think I'll have the drink because I least then it won't be as upsetting when I get something like this!!!! Hee hee it is all part of the process, that is why they sell seam rippers and why I own 5 of them :)

JeanieG 08-19-2011 11:51 AM

I think your blocks look great Fryguy! Love the colors you are using.

fryguymoore 08-19-2011 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I remade #25. I probably should have started from scratch because the geese so rather distorted when I ripped them out.

Honchey 08-20-2011 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
So I remade #25. I probably should have started from scratch because the geese so rather distorted when I ripped them out.

Your block turned out great! I have several blocks I'm working on and in my haste to get them done..HST's going in the wrong direction...I discovered that spraying with starch or water ...letting them sit for a few minutes...pat them into their original shapes... then pressing them works for me...that's if they aren't destroyed after ripping them out :-) Anne

QuiltE 11-14-2011 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#25 -- Cups and Saucers
and
#26 Cut Glass Dish

And now ........... I'm off to post my first 25 in the grouping thread!!!

oksewglad 11-14-2011 03:00 PM

Just looked at all the blocks. You gals have done a fantastic job! So interesting to see how the designs look different because of different fabric choices.
JanRN, in regards to eye for color. It comes with practice and this is a great way to practice. Another way is to take scraps and make up several combinations of the same block. A wonderful way to create a "color study".
QE, love the green background with these two. The blue looks so "electric" in the C&S.

oksewglad 01-02-2012 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my two blocks. I have done the Cups and Saucers in a 4" size for my DIL and the 6" size was definitely easier!!

jillnjo 01-02-2012 06:05 PM

Gladie, 4" size! Both are beauties, too! Are you making a mini quilt with the little ones? Do you make your own smaller patterns? N.

QuiltE 01-02-2012 06:09 PM

As always, nicely done ther OKSGlad!!!

Oh how that 4" Cup and Saucer must have been quite a challenge! Although I guess that seems huge for you, compared do doing your true Minis!
I think I'm going to have to start calling you MissMinnie? or MinnieMouse? or perhaps MinniePearl? :)

Glad you found time for some sewing therapy today!!!!! :)

oksewglad 01-02-2012 06:15 PM

I made the 4" for a spring table runner done in aqua and dark peach. No pic sorry. I've had these done for a while just got around to taking pics.Glad you found us jillnjo. Cat's out of the bag--she's been working on these and now we want to see her pics, right?