Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmers Wife Week 5 Blocks 9 and 10 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-week-5-blocks-9-10-photos-t62459.html)

Andii 09-12-2010 08:42 AM

Darcene, I love your little square polka dots...the colors are pretty.

Darcene 09-12-2010 10:38 AM

Thank you for all of your kind comments....I am having so much fun with this project...I hope that each one of you is enjoying this as much as I am....I can honestly say, that even thought I have had the book since shortly after it came out I felt intimidated by the size of this project. I probably would never have started this quilt if it had not been for this site....thank you all for your kindness and encouragement....

Hugs for all of my quilty sisters :)

PJL 09-13-2010 06:08 AM

Everyone's blocks are looking so beautiful! I have fallen behind because I'm moving my quilting from my quilting "area" downstairs into an actual ROOM upstairs! When I have everything in place and can sew again I'll catch up! I'm so grateful to have my own room! I sound like a kid, huh? Feel like one too, even with the big 5-0 looming in less than two weeks! This is going to be MY TIME finally!!

weezie 09-13-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by PJL
Everyone's blocks are looking so beautiful! I have fallen behind because I'm moving my quilting from my quilting "area" downstairs into an actual ROOM upstairs! When I have everything in place and can sew again I'll catch up! I'm so grateful to have my own room! I sound like a kid, huh? Feel like one too, even with the big 5-0 looming in less than two weeks! This is going to be MY TIME finally!!

No, you don't sound like a kid. The "sweet spots" in life, like getting your own sewing room, are really important to maintaining good mental health!

quiltbugs 09-13-2010 07:57 AM

Great colors in those blocks, Darcene. I just love 'em.

booklady 09-13-2010 02:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Another set finished! Thanks to all of you for being such a great support group. I'm really making an effort to stay caught up with these!

Block 9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97978[/ATTACH]

Block 10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97980[/ATTACH]

janRN 09-13-2010 06:02 PM

Very nice blocks. Your pictures really emphasize how different fabrics change the character of the same block. Very nice color choices. You have been busy!!

rwquilts 09-14-2010 05:32 AM

Great job! Your blocks are so pretty!

sew cornie 09-14-2010 04:40 PM

booklady, I'm really enjoying seeing the variety in your blocks and how different fabrics change the personality of the blocks.

AkAngel 09-15-2010 04:40 PM

Hello everyone, I'm back, its just this is the first time I've had to post. The Quilt Festival was lots of fun I have 3 new UFO's or are they called WIP's at this point? I won't be working on them to much in the near future so either way they will be UFO's lol.
I am looking forward to working on some more FWS blocks, maybe this weekend. I love all the blocks you've posted.
Quilting Nina I really like the fabrics you used in your bowtie.
Darcene, I recognize that floral in your bowtie block.
Booklady, howmany of the FWS are you planning to make? What size? I love all the variety each has its own personality.
Quilting Nonie, did you get your blocks back? I hope they came home.
Well its good to be back, I tried to get online once at the hotel but got called away before I could say hi and last night when I came in my son came in and needed the computer right away so I wasn't able to check in til now.
I want to thank everyone for holding the fort while I was away.
I should be available in the evenings or at least this weekend in someone needs to get ahold of me again.
Muriel