Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmers Wife Week 5 Blocks 9 and 10 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-week-5-blocks-9-10-photos-t62459.html)

janRN 11-12-2010 03:18 PM

I like your "ugly block" LOL. I have a few that I'm thinking of redoing but I'll wait til more are done. Maybe my "uglies" will get lost in the crowd!

leakus 11-14-2010 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am feeling better. #10 made up for #9.
Here it is

#10 Bow Tie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126466[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 11-14-2010 05:09 PM

oooh, that's very nice!

peppermint31 11-15-2010 06:19 AM

I love it!

makklynn 11-15-2010 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by leakus
Ok, I am feeling better. #10 made up for #9.
Here it is

I love the colors you picked for #10! Great Job

PJL 11-15-2010 06:55 AM

That's VERY nice!!

QuiltswithConvicts 12-22-2010 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blocks 9 & 10

omak 12-22-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Blocks 9 & 10

That is an unusual use of the splash fabric there in block 10!
I have some blue fabric like that, and it sure would look great used the way you presented it.
I really enjoy this list for all the inspiration we glean from each other <wave>

QuiltswithConvicts 12-23-2010 04:26 AM

Waving back at you, Omak! Yea, Iusually use brights, so these fabrics are kinda fun to throw in here & there. I am planning on using just about every type of fabric here as farmers have been around consistently throughout the years. Even have a few batiks for today's farmers. I don't need to buy any fabric for this one until I need sashings & border fabrics.

omak 12-23-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Waving back at you, Omak! Yea, Iusually use brights, so these fabrics are kinda fun to throw in here & there. I am planning on using just about every type of fabric here as farmers have been around consistently throughout the years. Even have a few batiks for today's farmers. I don't need to buy any fabric for this one until I need sashings & border fabrics.

Are you familiar with the rodeo "Tough enough to wear Pink" campaign?
almost fifteen years ago, hubby and I were looking for a new shirt in our local Western wear shop. There were a number in his size, but the best looking one was pink. (at the time a pretty unusual cowboy shirt, to say the least)
The salesman, thinking that my opinion (he didn't know I didn't like pink but in this case with my husband's dark eyes, hair and skin - - it was great!) ... anyway, the salesman started to say something like:
pink usually isn't ... and he stopped short.
apparently, there was some masculine sign language going on, because he said:
Well, I guess as big as you are, you can wear any color you want! LOL and the deed was done
all this to say: Yes, we farmers/ranchers wear just about anything we like because we work hard for our money and it is ours to spend. <g>
I think that all kinds of colors and textures are appreciated by just about anyone. Charging up the traditional blocks with modern colors and shades - - that is just a celebration of life and living <wave>