Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmers Wife Week 5 Blocks 9 and 10 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-week-5-blocks-9-10-photos-t62459.html)

QuiltE 06-04-2012 06:57 AM

Spray starch + hot iron = secret weapon for submission!
That's how I got those FWS multi-seams beat down to be pancakes!!!!

Ha! I forgot the sheep were in that thread .... the double rose lattice was the one I was meaning that was totally mindless sewing. As for the QIAD, I've never done one so fast either ... I think I have ADD, as I never stick with one thing for so long!!! :) Breaks from the sewing during the day, and of course, must have time here on the QB.

Oh absolutely, the Sheep are Christmas (Shepherd and the Star)!! Though I do have plans to re-work the shepherd into a Little Bo-Peep with her sheep following her along! My "adopted" niece/nephew are having a baby in the fall, and if it's a girl, that just might be THE gift, as Mommy had sheep in 4-H!

Anael 06-04-2012 07:14 AM

I used spray starch + hot iron but the starch is burning my fabric :( Besides I like beating and those blocks won't scream :D What does that make me?

I know you were referring to the double rose lattice, I love that one and I agree, that's mindless sewing but the result is gorgeous! What do you do with the shepherd when it's a boy? Action figure with sheep?

It's not common here to give a quilt as a gift! One of my DIL's friends is pregnant and she told me she wanted to buy a gift so I said What about a small quilt? She looked at me with that special look.....now I know they think I'm a nutcase but I was very serious that time. The first years she came here she never knew if I was serious or not, so she told my son! I never understood that LOL But I guess she has figured that out by now.

oksewglad 06-04-2012 08:48 AM

Oh Anael, are you like my son said to his girlfriend, "You have to 'experience' my mother."?:D:shock:

QuiltE 06-04-2012 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here we thought Anael was such a quiet person ... and all serious on her quilting!
Oh how the truth comes out, doesn't it?
OKSGlad!!

Anael ... Quilts are common gifts here, IF the babies are special! This one and its family are what I call my "adopted" family ... closer to me than the biological family! The Shepherd could easily be re-styled to Little Boy Blue with his sheep in the meadow! And then there's Baa Baa Black Sheep. Or Mary had a little lamb for a girl. You've got me thinking .... I could have all the sheep done and then add in the right person at the end!

I made this large lap quilt for the baby's parents when they were married. The backing is the same blue sparkly fabric in the borders. It was a $10 Challenge Quilt I thru our LQS that I was making, and as I went, I realized it fit with their destination wedding in Mexico and came to the conclusion it was "just for them". Thus it's name .... "A Mexican Wedding Quilt" ....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339882[/ATTACH]

Here's the quilt I gave to this coming baby's 2nd cousin ......
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t136789.html

And now you have me thinking a little further ... I have some of the blue sparkly material in my stash, and just might use it in the baby's quilt!

Anael 06-04-2012 10:34 AM

Your quilts are gorgeous QuiltE! The Mexican Wedding Quilt has such beautiful bright colors. Is it your own design?
Mr. Ted E Bear is so cute :D He must be loved, no doubt! You could make some more sheep quilts without the right person, there might be more babies in the future, you never know :D

I AM very serious and quiet (oh well, most of the day). I remember one day my now 29 year old son's friend entered the backdoor and came into the living room. I was studying psychology and in the early years scientists believed from the looks of persons you could see whether he/she was a criminal or not. I said to him: wait a minute, looked at that page in my book, looked at him and said: oh yes, that's soooooooo obvious! He looked at me not knowing what I was talking about. So I told him about the looks of persons and the former believes of scientists. From the looks on his face I might have come from another planet. Later my son told me his friend never knew what to say to me LOL. He learned though.....:D
But I still don't understand why you say you have to 'experience' me :shock: :p :)

oksewglad 06-04-2012 12:37 PM

I think he means I am beyond description and you have to get to know me; at least that's what I hope he means. OBTW this one turns 30 on the 30th.

Anael 06-04-2012 01:01 PM

LOL oksewglad, I know what he means by that. I mean I don't understand why you think I'm the same :D :D
Mine turns 30 on November 27th.

Quilting Nonnie 06-04-2012 09:07 PM

Just piping in...my son just turned 30 in September. He's my baby. He's getting married in two-and-a-half weeks in Virginia.

Anael 06-04-2012 09:43 PM

Congrats Nonnie and congrats to the happy couple! We would love to see pics :D

Quilting Nonnie 06-07-2012 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Anael. I'm very excited. I'm leaving in a week to help out my DIL to-be get ready. They get married the week after that.

Here's a picture they took while they were doing a 50-mile bike ride along the Chesapeake-Ohio trail.