Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmers Wife Week 5 Blocks 9 and 10 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-week-5-blocks-9-10-photos-t62459.html)

rwquilts 09-02-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Originally Posted by amazon
What has happened to AKAngel? Is this the official post for block 9 & 10?

Hi Fellow Quilters, Honchey here, I post the rotary cutting instrructions every Tuesday after 10 p.m. I will be posting the new Discussion and Photo threads as well at that time.
No, I am not taking over--I am just helping out at this time.
Muriel is fine--just a little busy.
I just thought to inform you--many of us were curious.

Will you be posting the new threads under the Farmers Wife Forum so they can be found easily?

AkAngel 09-02-2010 06:15 AM

The blocks,rotary instructions and photos,
will continue to be posted under the BOM/BOW section this is instructions per admin.
thank you,
Muriel

Ninnie 09-02-2010 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone's blocks are awesome! Here are mine.

Nanjun 09-02-2010 06:53 AM

Dagny, your blocks are going together so well. Everything blends nicely.

Dagny 09-02-2010 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it's going well because of the rather narrow colorway in this fabric line. I'm ending up with a controlled scrappy look.

The fabrics are mostly florals, large and small, in brown, coral, yellow and apple green, with a little white.

Here's a pic of the fabrics.

For those of you who are reluctant to paper-piece, I'd encourage you to learn it anyway. Some of the blocks coming up would be difficult to do with traditional piecing. I'm drawing them in EQ, but it would be manageable to draw them on graph paper for paper piecing also. Please consider it.

rwquilts 09-02-2010 07:16 AM

Great job everyone on your blocks! So pretty!

janRN 09-02-2010 08:19 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone. Ninnie I really like your blocks esp the navy blue fabric.

Ninnie 09-02-2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Beautiful blocks everyone. Ninnie I really like your blocks esp the navy blue fabric.

ty :-D It was hard to start cutting up my batiks, but love the way they are turning out. These are so much fun to make.
And I love all the different looks we are all getting.

Junepot 09-02-2010 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Honchey!

I just wanted to say thank you for your very clear instructions with the rotary cutting posts. I finally got a bow tie to look right, after following your directions!

:D

FWS #9 Box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109395[/ATTACH]

FWS#10 Bowtie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109396[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 09-02-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie

Originally Posted by janRN

ty :-D It was hard to start cutting up my batiks, but love the way they are turning out. These are so much fun to make.
And I love all the different looks we are all getting.

Ninnie, I love yours in batiks. It's going to be just gorgeous when they're all put together.