Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmers Wife Week 5 Blocks 9 and 10 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-week-5-blocks-9-10-photos-t62459.html)

shamrock 09-04-2010 06:08 AM

janRN, the fabric is Thimbleberries, more than 50% of my scrappy blocks are made with them.

JeanieG 09-04-2010 09:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well everyone, I started late doing this quilt. I am really enjoying it so far, as I usually like to do strip quilting. Have not done any template type quilting since I first started quilting 30 years ago. I had a teacher that taught the basics. We had to draw all our templates on graph paper, then trace to card stock with carbon paper, then trace around the template onto the fabric. No plastic templates way back then.

I have completed blocks 5 - 10. I could not find where to upload 5 & 6, so decided to just upload them all here. I hope that is okay. I have not started 1-4 yet, but will get them done soon.

I scanned these in, so don't know what they will look like here.

Block 5
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111493[/ATTACH]

Block 6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111494[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 09-04-2010 09:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I tried to crop them, lets see if they look better???

Block 7
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111495[/ATTACH]

Block 8
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111496[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 09-04-2010 09:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is Block 9 and 10.

Block 9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111497[/ATTACH]

Block 10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111498[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 09-04-2010 09:40 PM

Jeanie, those are gorgeous. I love the rich colors. Very nice!

Margaret J 09-05-2010 05:43 AM

Jeannie I love the colours you are using.

Margaret

AkAngel 09-05-2010 09:48 AM

Jeannie, glad you joined us and your blocks look wonderful.
I've not been able to do 7-10 yet it will be after I get back from the festival,but that is great as I know several had trouble with the Birds in the Air and when I get back I will have the Triangulations and want to try them with that one.
I e-mailed Brenda Henning the designer of the Triangulations and she said she would be bringing the discs with her and have them for sale at the festival so I plan to pick it up.
Muriel

janRN 09-05-2010 10:14 AM

Jeanie I love your blocks and the colors you're using.

I'm also doing templates "the old way"--I cut them out of paper and glue them to old file folders (we usually just throw them out at our office). I learned to quilt this way about 20 yrs ago, too. I'm really enjoying templates. Are you? I seem to be more accurate on the smaller pieces.

JeanieG 09-05-2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Jeanie I love your blocks and the colors you're using.

I'm also doing templates "the old way"--I cut them out of paper and glue them to old file folders (we usually just throw them out at our office). I learned to quilt this way about 20 yrs ago, too. I'm really enjoying templates. Are you? I seem to be more accurate on the smaller pieces.

On the whole, I find the blocks coming out at 6 1/2". My machine, I have a new Brother after using my 1962 Singer all these years, sews beautifully. I bought the 1/4" quilting foot and it is really accurate! I am really enjoying doing these blocks, it is so rewarding to see them take shape! I have never done paper piecing, but may have to try that on some of the blocks. Will have to read up on it some more. Does anyone know if there is a video online that is really good at showing how this is done? Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

pookie ookie 09-05-2010 12:07 PM

Love your fabrics, Jeanie.