Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Farmers Wife Week 5 Blocks 9 and 10 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-week-5-blocks-9-10-photos-t62459.html)

Andii 09-05-2010 03:39 PM

Jeanie,
I love your bow tie-the print is just so and it looks great.

JeanieG 09-05-2010 04:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the really nice comments :oops:

Now I have to get started on the 1st 4 blocks!

wvdek 09-05-2010 05:37 PM

Jeanie - your blocks are great. Glad you joined us.
plates.
Jan - Thanks. I am a quite a bit better this afternoon/eve. Felt good enough to do one block and messed up the other so have to do it over. Will get it done before bed. Don't want these hanging over me so to speak.
I too decided to make the templates. I have been cutting the paper temp. then holding on plastic and drawing until I got smart and just put the plastic on top of the paper temp. and traced then cut. Then I choose the fabric and trace the template or hold together and cut. I find it very relaxing and enjoyable and a bit like Grams used to do. I feel more 'connected' to Grams as a quilter this way.

sew cornie 09-05-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I find it very relaxing and enjoyable and a bit like Grams used to do. I feel more 'connected' to Grams as a quilter this way.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm also using the templates and am really enjoying holding the fabric so much as I cut out the shapes. You're right, it's very relaxing.

rwquilts 09-06-2010 06:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two blocks for week 5. My old camera broke and so we had to get a new one...still figuring out what are the best settings...this may have been a bit too close getting tiny thread detail...hope they don't look too bad...

Bowtie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112366[/ATTACH]

Box
[ATTACH=CONFIG]112367[/ATTACH]

Quilting Nonnie 09-06-2010 08:37 AM

Wow! I love the colors you used. The bow tie is really, really pretty. I love the box too. What lovely work!

stormatsea45 09-06-2010 09:16 AM

Jeanie, your block are so pretty. Good work.

rwquilts 09-06-2010 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Wow! I love the colors you used. The bow tie is really, really pretty. I love the box too. What lovely work!

Thank you! They are paper pieced and are Thimbleberries fabrics. Still wishing you luck with finding your blocks! If you can't find yours I'd be happy to make a block for you if I have fabrics you like!

Quilting Nonnie 09-06-2010 12:50 PM

Thank you so much. You are so kind and I appreciate it. The latest update is someone emailed me from the guild and said they thought they saw the blocks on the give-away table.

I had put some fabrics out for give-away, but had taken them out of my bag one by one. I thought I'd been careful enough, but maybe they fell out there. I hope so because that means I can get them back!

Kathleen charnell 09-06-2010 01:34 PM

Can you post the rotary instructions for the farmers wife sampler under a post that says only these instructions I have looked thru 6 pages of block 9 & 10 & still didn't find the rotary instructions,.this would make it so much easier Thanks