Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/feb-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t99903.html)

JeanieG 02-21-2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Here's my February block, not sure I'm loving the colors. I may have to redo.

Oh I think it is beautiful! Great work!

BizzieLizzie 02-21-2011 09:20 AM

Stunning! Love your fabric choices!! :thumbup:

violetsfarm 02-21-2011 10:19 AM

Norbanna - WOW. Your block is beautiful.

violetsfarm 02-21-2011 10:22 AM

Pheasantduster - Beautiful choice of fabrics.

pheasantduster 02-21-2011 11:29 AM

Love your choice (page 9)- the center seems to open like a blossom - very nice.

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
In keeping with the star I did last month, I decided to keep it simple. I'm using black as my background and using bright colors for the rest. The picture doesn't do the colors justice. The light colors are actually green. Here is my block for this month.

AddieLou 02-21-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jerrie1940

Originally Posted by AddieLou

Originally Posted by AddieLou
I have never paper pieced before. My first attempt was a failure - totally messed up the technique. Second attempt technique was better, made the whole star, but don't like the color combination. Not enough contrast. Third attempt - technique seems under control, I am satisfied with my colors, but I messed up the order of where some of the colors were supposed to go (used some B colors on the A side). Sooo - hopefully attempt number 4 will be a success!

Here is number 4 - my first ever paper pieced block!
What fun!!

I loved learning to paper piece - glad your star pushed me to try!

Great work! I feel bad because so many had problems. I hope everyone keeps trying because paperpiecing is probably as close as one can get to perfect. :hunf: :XD:

cherylmae 02-21-2011 01:32 PM

Oh i sure like it!

cherylmae 02-21-2011 01:35 PM

All I can say is Wow, Gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Veronica
I need some help, still learning about color value.
This is also for my QOV.

Irene V 02-21-2011 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my star. I didn't really know what it was going to look like until it was done and it did not look at all like what I envisioned. Anyway, it was a nice surprise. I think I really appreciate everyone's efforts even more after I've gone through making one and experience, first hand, the difficulties encountered, haha.

nickylsf 02-21-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Irene V
Here's my star. I didn't really know what it was going to look like until it was done and it did not look at all like what I envisioned. Anyway, it was a nice surprise. I think I really appreciate everyone's efforts even more after I've gone through making one and experience, first hand, the difficulties encountered, haha.

Your fabric choices really make the star shapes stand out. Beautiful!