Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/feb-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t99903.html)

obie2 02-15-2011 07:30 AM

Jerrie1940, beautiful block.

obie2 02-15-2011 07:32 AM

Judy, both blocks are great. Love the color combinations.

PokerDiva 02-15-2011 08:12 AM

Blocks are beautiful. Now I am really intimidated.

Lady Shivesa 02-15-2011 10:09 AM

Wowzer, those are both beautiful. Upon first glance this star intimidated me a little, but when I looked at the templates, I realized it wasn't going to be as difficult as I imagined. :) Now to pick out which of my B&W fabrics I want to us and get started!

Unfortunately, I think I have to clean the house first...>_<

JudyG 02-15-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Blocks are beautiful. Now I am really intimidated.

Don't be intimidated. It is not a hard block at all, just looks that way.

SulaBug 02-15-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Since I had the pattern from Jerrie early, I made two of the stars. The first one I did was regular paperpiecing. The second I used the freezer paper method where you don't stitch through the paper but fold it and stitch right along side the paper. I have decided that is my favorite way to do paperpiecing. I have always hated removing the paper, and with the freezer paper method you don't have to. And, you don't even have to use freezer paper. You can just pin your pattern to the first piece of fabric and away you go. I think this is a beautiful, beautiful star.

JudyG..........I love your pp'ing Stars for Feb 15th!! :D You have done a marvelous job making them. I can't wait to start on mine. Wish me luck!!
:D :D :D :D

JudyG 02-15-2011 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug

Originally Posted by JudyG
Since I had the pattern from Jerrie early, I made two of the stars. The first one I did was regular paperpiecing. The second I used the freezer paper method where you don't stitch through the paper but fold it and stitch right along side the paper. I have decided that is my favorite way to do paperpiecing. I have always hated removing the paper, and with the freezer paper method you don't have to. And, you don't even have to use freezer paper. You can just pin your pattern to the first piece of fabric and away you go. I think this is a beautiful, beautiful star.

JudyG..........I love your pp'ing Stars for Feb 15th!! :D You have done a marvelous job making them. I can't wait to start on mine. Wish me luck!!
:D :D :D :D

Thanks, Sulabug. This was a fun star to work on. I was a little intimidated when I saw the picture, but when you start working with the template, it's really quite simple. I do wish you luck, but I know you won't need it. I've seen your work, and it's beautiful.

Now I have to get busy on that Farmhouse - talk about intimidating. :roll:

PokerDiva 02-15-2011 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It has a few problems but I got it done. Here is my star block.

Hope2quilt 02-15-2011 12:09 PM

I will just look with awe for now. I am tackling triangles and pulling my hair out. These points look harder.

JudyG 02-15-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
It has a few problems but I got it done. Here is my star block.

Absolutely gorgeous, PokerDiva. I love your colors (as you can see from mine, I love blue). Didn't take you any time at all. Good job!