Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Feb 15 2011 - STARS BOM PICTURES. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/feb-15-2011-stars-bom-pictures-t99903.html)

Cuddly Quilter 02-16-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by mmonohon
Mine is a little too wild but all the points match well.

Michelle it might look busy, but with the fabrics you have chosen, your star stands out beautifully. Well done in your choice.

PokerDiva 02-16-2011 05:40 AM

WOW, I like it.

JenelTX 02-16-2011 06:05 AM

LOL! Your profile picture is pretty wild, too. (LOVE it!)

Carsey 02-16-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
It has a few problems but I got it done. Here is my star block.

Absolutely gorgeous, PokerDiva. I love your colors (as you can see from mine, I love blue). Didn't take you any time at all. Good job!

Great minds...... I said the same thing when I saw PokerDiva's star. "Beautiful...I love your colors".

mstandridge 02-16-2011 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i posted my block on the pattern site I was to excited to get in in. but I limited my points because I want to keep my stars to a limited number of fabrics i am going to check into some additonal colors that I plan to put into the sashing and outside border when finished it will add a teal color then i may redo this star with the additonal color.

JudyG 02-16-2011 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
I finished a quarter of the block today (lol, I'm taking it slow). I'm a little worried about how mine is going to turn out - I'm doing all Black and White fabrics and I'm afraid it's going to look VERY busy. =/ Oh well...we'll see how it comes out.

Really looking forward to seeing that black and white star. I bet it will be gorgeous.

JudyG 02-16-2011 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter

Michelle it might look busy, but with the fabrics you have chosen, your star stands out beautifully. Well done in your choice.

I agree.

elise 02-16-2011 07:22 AM

Are you from oakhurst, calif. elise

JudyG 02-16-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by mstandridge
i posted my block on the pattern site I was to excited to get in in. but I limited my points because I want to keep my stars to a limited number of fabrics i am going to check into some additonal colors that I plan to put into the sashing and outside border when finished it will add a teal color then i may redo this star with the additonal color.

Your star is really pretty the way you did it. It really stands out. I'm always so amazed at people's ingenuity. I usually just follow the pattern - not much thinking outside the lines.

Cuddly Quilter 02-16-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by mstandridge

Love what you have come up with. Cannot wait to see the rest of your stars.