Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36 Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quiltalong-week-36-block-71-mrs-morgan-block-72-mrs-smith-t278311.html)

katybob 05-04-2016 11:32 AM

Thanks JuneBillie and sewbizgirl. I'm going to miss making these blocks after we finish.

sewbizgirl 05-04-2016 03:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did mine... They aren't as crooked as they look in the photos. Those lumpy seams underneath make the sides appear crooked.

I accidentally turned the cornerpieces in Mrs. Smith, but don't tell the quilt police!

Mrs. Morgan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549321[/ATTACH]

Mrs. Smith

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549322[/ATTACH]

Pam P 05-04-2016 04:52 PM

Wow, really pretty blocks everyone! I don't have mine ready yet :( but soon I hope!

JuneBillie 05-04-2016 07:30 PM

Sewbizgirl two more pretty gems. I like the yellow against those dots, and the soft blue with the dashing daisies.

janRN 05-05-2016 04:35 AM

Such pretty blocks. Yinz are such a bad influence on me--last shopping trip I bought some pastel print fabrics! Something I don't own any of or use but now I like them since seeing these blocks. Please quit tempting me LOL.

sewbizgirl 05-05-2016 04:41 AM

I've been trying to follow color schemes in the book, more or less. I don't want to end up with all blue, or too much pink, or whatever. I figure our author has balanced the colors for us, so the finished quilt has a good mixture. I just try to get as close as I can to hers with what I have collected in my stash for this project. Pastels aren't usually anything I use, either. I bought FQs of a bunch of solids to go with my prints.

JuneBillie 05-07-2016 06:01 AM

The 30's fabric I have always loved with little prints and with the print especially I like the pastels. I do like brights too, and the batiks. Not much I don't like in fabric.

When I post some of my blocks I have that same thing with the bulk of some seams underneath making my blocks look wonky, but they aren't. Usually, I am just so glad when I get one done, I don't worry about it much and just hurry to post my photos. lol.... I guess I should try and take a bit more time when posting my pics. Some blocks I squared up, and others I would put in my notebook and will wait until time to put them together and do my main squaring up. I am having fun so that is most important for us all. :)

Honchey 05-10-2016 01:48 PM

HaHaHa, I'm sitting here thinking it's Tuesday and I forgot to post the new thread..then remembered we have a week off :D Now I know I'm losing my mind..

sewbizgirl 05-10-2016 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7545777)
HaHaHa, I'm sitting here thinking it's Tuesday and I forgot to post the new thread..then remembered we have a week off :D Now I know I'm losing my mind..

No, you are just a creature of habit.

givio 05-10-2016 07:40 PM

That's funny. :-)