Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-1-photo-page-beauty-dandy-t174350.html)

mirabelle 01-05-2012 01:41 PM

QuiltE - yes I am using the same background fabric throughout this quilt. Wish it was next week already to see more beautiful blocks

QuiltE 01-05-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4845478)
QuiltE - yes I am using the same background fabric throughout this quilt. Wish it was next week already to see more beautiful blocks

Nice! ... well you could see some more and just go ahead and do #9, 10, 11!! :)
I'm sure more will be posting them in the next few days!

grannyrae 01-05-2012 04:12 PM

have subscribed to this thread and will be plugging along with you. you all do such beautiful work and I am inspired to have a go. am unable to post photos as I do not have access to a digital camera

JeanieG 01-05-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4845478)

Ohhhh mirabelle, that background fabric is fabulous. It will tie your whole quilt together beautifully!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2012 06:09 PM

grannyrae, if you have access to a scanner, to scan into a computer (different one from yours) and save it on a flash drive, you can put it on your computer and show your blocks here. I did it that way on the FWQ blocks. QNS

dublb 01-05-2012 08:51 PM

My patriotic block, A Beauty

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my block. I don't think that I have enough of this fabric! I'll have to find some more!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300784[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 01-05-2012 09:00 PM

Nicely done!!
Great centrepiece there with the lady sewing the flag!
Are you going to do your whole quilt in RW+B, and lots of flags?

dublb 01-05-2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4846822)
Nicely done!!
Great centrepiece there with the lady sewing the flag!
Are you going to do your whole quilt in RW+B, and lots of flags?

Yes; that is my goal but I now realize that fussy cutting these is going to use up my fabric faster than I thought at first. I guess I've got to find more of that Americana line, or at least more to go with it. I thought I'd have stuff in my stash, but it really doesn't go. Hmmmmm I did by 1 1/2' of some red that might go from a board member. I hope that it really goes! I've gotta keep looking!

mirabelle 01-06-2012 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 4846046)
Ohhhh mirabelle, that background fabric is fabulous. It will tie your whole quilt together beautifully!

Thanks JeanieG, as always lots of kind words from you. Have you started your blocks yet or have I missed them

QuiltingNinaSue 01-06-2012 04:19 AM

dublb, very well done. Love the lady in the center.