Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-1-photo-page-beauty-dandy-t174350.html)

dublb 01-06-2012 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by grannyrae (Post 4849646)
Thank you for the advice QuiltingNinaSue, I will see what I can do.Loving everyone's work. I have yet to tackle Y seams,wish me luck

Good luck! I know that you can do it!:thumbup:

dublb 01-06-2012 06:27 PM

QuiltE- I talked to DH (he used to do computers at work) & he said that a laser printer would be too hot to use freezer paper.:( If you want me too I could print some up for you.

Honchey 01-06-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4846814)
Here's my block. I don't think that I have enough of this fabric! I'll have to find some more!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300784[/ATTACH]

Dublb, Your patriotic Lady block is a showstopper!!! Beautiful fabric choices! Honchey

QuiltE 01-06-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4849709)
QuiltE- I talked to DH (he used to do computers at work) & he said that a laser printer would be too hot to use freezer paper.:( If you want me too I could print some up for you.

Thanks for checking with your DH. And thanks for the offer to print them for me.
Not to worry ... I expect I'll print them and use like PP. And may work with the line diagrams instead of the templates.
We'll see ... but I CAN"T do a 2nd PC til I get atleast two more FWS blocks done ... just about to post the latest two.
I

dublb 01-06-2012 11:19 PM

Oh Thank You! Ya'll are so sweet! I think that She is supposed ta be Betsy Ross. The legendary designer of the flag. I have a fat quarter of the fabric with her. I'm sure that I'll use her in several blocks.:)

dublb 01-06-2012 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4850175)
Thanks for checking with your DH. And thanks for the offer to print them for me.
Not to worry ... I expect I'll print them and use like PP. And may work with the line diagrams instead of the templates.
We'll see ... but I CAN"T do a 2nd PC til I get atleast two more FWS blocks done ... just about to post the latest two.
I

I'm impressed that your doing both of these BOWs. :thumbup: I bet using the line diagrams will look great!

owlvamp 01-06-2012 11:34 PM

Love your blocks.

dublb 01-06-2012 11:46 PM

"A Dandy" finally finished

1 Attachment(s)
I did not make a practice block for A Dandy. I ran out of time. Anyway here's my patriotic A Dandy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]301052[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 01-07-2012 03:45 AM

I have a "mock up" of the first four done: templates used to cut the material and school glue on outline block to hold the pieces in place until I can sew it. Have printed off the layout suggested in the book, and marking location of each so I can see my color palette for each row.

Had the opportunity to go to Joanns yesterday and Creekside Quilting in Des Moines; picked up photo copy paper and few more pieces of fabric for the Pony Quilt. Gee, I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am!!! It is so exciting to see each block develop for each of us in our own way, that makes it sooo special.

Honchey 01-07-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4850379)
I did not make a practice block for A Dandy. I ran out of time. Anyway here's my patriotic A Dandy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]301052[/ATTACH]

Bev, Your blocks are amazing....