Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

dublb 05-08-2017 08:03 AM

I wasn't a happy camper yesterday. Everything I did got messed up. The block that I did took forever to make. I had to rip out 3/4 of the seams. Some of 'em multiple times. I do think I slept wrong & everything hurt. DH said that I slept on my stomach. Everything hurts when I sleep on my stomach. My back, my knees, my hands & my bad shoulder. I think when I hurt that much it messes w/my head.
This morning DH got me up to walk. I had been mentioning it for several months but he kept not waking me till later. (If I wait till I wake on my own it will be 10 or 11 before I'm up.) I finally decided not to mention it as I was bordering on nagging. I was quite happy when he woke me today. I hope he continues to do so from now on. After we walked I also did my back exercises. They made for a great cool down. Then I did my deep knee bends. I \have been doing those just before I take my shower but I am glad that I got 'em done & outta the way.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-12-2017 07:01 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all! Have a great weekend. DH hurt his back and neckso we are staying home, no celebration planned. It is just another day, and this too shall pass.

oksewglad 05-12-2017 07:52 AM

Good morning...yes another day here as well..as a farm wife Mother's Day oftentimes means field work/corn planting and the late spring this year is no exception...been working outside planting garden, cleaning flower beds, mowing lawn, feeding birds...orioles and hummingbirds are back...rose breasted grosbeaks, red headed woodpeckers, titmouse, gold finches among the visitors...

Leaving next week to spend time with the newest Grands...lots to do before then.

sewbizgirl 05-12-2017 01:59 PM

A very Happy Mother's Day to all of you! We have already celebrated while I was with the kids earlier this week. So Sunday will be a quiet day at home to sew and relax.

dublb 05-13-2017 06:27 PM

I drove to Houston & picked up DD. We then drove from Houston to Midland on Friday. We went to a wedding shower this morning. I will drive her back to Brady. Her DH will also drive to Brady & he will stay there while she will drive her Sequoia back to Houston on Monday. He will have to drive his motorcycle to work for a bit till they get an older truck for him.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-15-2017 04:51 AM

I got a Mother's Day card from DD and a phone call. DS also called me, so it was a nice day. I ate Tacos and Pizza. Read a book all day. And loved the cat, Mega. Lovely day. May the week be nice for all of us.

dublb 05-15-2017 05:42 AM

I also spent a nice Mother's day w/DD even if I was driving. #2DSon brought me a necklace & ear rings while #! DSon brought me a sign about being close even after the kids are grown.
I am back in Brady.
:)

sewbizgirl 05-15-2017 11:12 AM

Lovely Mother's Days...

I was given a pretty summer robe, flowers, a book about Queen Elizabeth and some ginger nuts (gingersnaps) from England. And was treated to a Mexican meal out. It was great to see all the kids, earlier in the week.

dublb 05-16-2017 09:09 PM

DSonIL is here & it is nice to have him here. He starts work tomarrow. It's gonna be a bit till DD shakes loose to come. They don't have a house yet either. I am glad that DSonIL is willing to stay w/us. I did some sewing today, but not much.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-17-2017 10:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
WProgresse have a few Irises in bloom:[ATTACH=CONFIG]573251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573252[/ATTACH]and peonies:[ATTACH=CONFIG]573253[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573254[/ATTACH]And progress in the sewing room...on Quilting projects.