Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-29-2017 04:16 PM

Thanks for all your kind words, appreciate it greatly.

Dublb, love what you are doing, that is slow work, but looking great.

JeanieG, i remember those days with no air at work and at home. Thankful for a cooling system that works so well in our retirement. Just 8 projects?? Sounds like you need a few more??? I hope I live long enough to finish mine; I have lost count of them...but there's a bunch to do. Need a squad of quilters on their machines sewing with me! LOL.

oksewglad 07-29-2017 05:50 PM

What fun chatter and prettiness going on...wish I could add to the prettiness...not getting much done. Think I will go sew a bit yet tonight, but should pay bills...I can do that tomorrow...sewing sounds sew much more fun. House is quiet for a week...then the NC group comes..I'm going to enjoy the quiet.

sewbizgirl 07-29-2017 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are four more Pony Club blocks I had fun playing with tonight.

Boy's Playmate and Bright Hopes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]577657[/ATTACH]

Bird's Eye View and Clover Blossom (which I made into a sunflower instead.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]577658[/ATTACH]

The red farm fabric in Bird's Eye View is some vintage estate sale fabric, 50's - 60's era.

Goodnight!

JeanieG 07-29-2017 09:33 PM

SBG - love to see your Pony Club Blocks - brings back such nice memories! We had such fun doing this as a group. Miss that!!!

dublb 07-30-2017 06:42 AM

OH! I love 'em SBS! Your moving right along at a brisk clip, now aren't ya?

QuiltingNinaSue 07-30-2017 07:00 AM

Love your latest four blocks, SBG. That Sunflower added lots of bright colors! Looking forward to your next ones And how are you going to set it together?

sewbizgirl 07-30-2017 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 7875146)
Love your latest four blocks, SBG. That Sunflower added lots of bright colors! Looking forward to your next ones And how are you going to set it together?

Probably just the straight setting with cornerstones... like the cover of the book.

I just spent over an hour looking at the old, old threads... wanting to see what others have done with these patterns. So much fun and variety! QNS, you put a lot of photos in your quilt... how did you do that? How do you get them on to fabric? I love the effect!

sewbizgirl 07-30-2017 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another pic with two more... Colt's Corral and Children's Delight:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577696[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 07-30-2017 04:27 PM

SBG, I went to Jo Ann's and got their photo paper that is printed by my HP Pro Printer; jet printers will also do it. I am not a pro at it and the copy company that lets you do a quick copy on io that paper if you ask. ...and it should be a good coyy that way.

Love the cowboy and cowgirls in the last block.

JeanieG 07-30-2017 07:04 PM

Children's Delight is indeed a delight. I loved fussy cutting for these blocks.