Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JuneBillie 08-02-2017 04:33 AM

Hi Everyone!
All of you are making such beautiful blocks, and quilts. Keep up the beautiful work girls.

sewbizgirl 08-02-2017 06:07 AM

Hi JuneBillie, thank you!

givio 08-02-2017 05:15 PM

Fun looking at the pictures! Thanks for posting!!

oksewglad 08-03-2017 06:25 PM

I've been lurking...not much time around here....another round of company on Sunday for a week...so looking forward to spending time with the NC Grands! Guess the sewing machine will not get used. I'm working on a Christmas table runner for a wedding present, must be done by Saturday. Lawn to mow tomorrow.

Really enjoying your blocks SBG...lovely haul of fabric QNS...another blue paisley lover here....Wow dublb...your son the doctor....congrats...so much activity for you right now.

Bought a new set of sheets for the spare bedroom..the pair it's replacing is over 10 years old...time for something new! Have them washed now to make up the beds...

Just Jan 08-04-2017 05:13 PM

Hi Everybody. SewBizGirl has invited me to join here. I am so excited to meet everyone and get started. My book and CD arrived today, so I'll probably make a block tomorrow to post. Took a nap earlier so I'm not tired now, but it will soon be bedtime. Guess I will go watch Judge Judy, read my Pony book and select a block to make. Janet

dublb 08-04-2017 05:23 PM

OH, I am so excited to see more blocks! You are gonna get me all excited about these blocks again. Sigh I guess I have to get my current project first. My PC is next on my list. I have about half of my blocks made.

JeanieG 08-04-2017 07:07 PM

Welcome Just Jan! I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks as you get them finished.

givio 08-04-2017 07:42 PM

Just Jan, Welcome! The PC book is so sweet to read. The CD is not as organized as some of the later ones from the author's later books, but it's nice to have.

sewbizgirl 08-04-2017 09:02 PM

Glad you made it here, Jan... can't wait to see your first block. The 8" size is really nice. I've been trying to make them from templates, but some I have paper pieced if they are complicated.

Just Jan 08-05-2017 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 7879911)
Just Jan, Welcome! The PC book is so sweet to read. The CD is not as organized as some of the later ones from the author's later books, but it's nice to have.

Thanks everyone. I like the stories and the blocks are very pretty but I'm not one to enjoy paper piecing. I have a program called BlockBase which has hundreds of the old blocks. It offers one the choice of measurements for rotary cutting, templates or p.p. It also allows one to choose the size of the block. I found this Pony Club CD very confusing, so I'm going to see if I can choose PC stories and then find the block in BlockBase. If not, I can find a different block that I think still relates to the story, and substitute that. Fir example, there is a story of a little boy who expected to receive his pony for Christmas. I could substitute a block called Jack In The Box, because it looks like a Christmas present. That's what I'm thinking now, anyway. When I make and post a block, I will notate what story it belongs to. At least that is my thoughts at this time.