Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 08-23-2017 06:17 PM

I love that quilt, Givio! Done in the 30's prints it really looks like an antique. Love how you arranged the colors in diagonal rows. And the back is too clever! Hope you are keeping that one for yourself.

JeanieG 08-23-2017 07:12 PM

Another great quilt Givio. Love all the show & tell!

dublb 08-24-2017 04:45 AM

OH, Givo! Your quilt is so lovely!!! It makes me smile!

oksewglad 08-24-2017 10:13 AM

I've been lurking and trying to keep up with you all! Such lovely finishes..givio, the D4P is a lovely simple block and your colors do it justice! Love how you made the backing to follow suit!

Thanks BlueBell...you must've been looking at past posts! Little Livvy loves it.

Major changes here...MrOK has been diagnosed as diabetic...now counting carbs for both of us! What fun..sic
Later....

dublb 08-24-2017 11:34 AM

OH {{{{{HUGGS}}}}} OK! Know that our prayers are w/ya.

JeanieG 08-24-2017 01:06 PM

They keep telling both Joe and I that we are "Borderline" Diabetic. Someday we will probably be joining you OK! I really watch my sugars and carbs though.

sewbizgirl 08-24-2017 01:26 PM

So sorry for Mr. OK... so does that mean you are diabetic, too, Gladie? My husband is a bad diabetic. It's so hard. It's doable, just complicated. Managing his diabetes is his full time job now. :(

QuiltingNinaSue 08-27-2017 05:05 AM

OK, there are 'mood' changes in diabetics as they get 'sugar highs'.and often get sleepy in afternoons. Dh can literally fall asleep at the whell of the car if I am not traveling with him.

My eues will ge fixed later rather than sooner....dd says its an inconvenience to help me after all. So be it. :ofe gpes pm/ So messages will be short and challenging for a while. G to see pictures, wonderful work!

oksewglad 08-27-2017 07:48 AM

Thanks for the support...no Bonnie, I'm not diabetic, but like Jeanie and MrJ, prediabetic...I might as well count along with him. QNS, MrOK has been able to fall asleep behind the wheel for years, so nothing new there!

I've been keeping a food log..just to get a handle on helping us count. Big surprise was that my morning bagel was 45g of carbohydrates...or 1/4 of my daily intake! My biggest challenge is for MrOK to eat enough for his energy needs as a 7 day a week worker. Good thing we like meat..

sewbizgirl 08-27-2017 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7894932)
Big surprise was that my morning bagel was 45g of carbohydrates...or 1/4 of my daily intake!

Oh yeah, bagels are deadly! So are muffins. Way more carbs and calories than we realize. My daughter's ballet teacher taught the girls to dig the bready part out of the bagel if they wanted one, and only eat the toasted outer part. He didn't want them getting fat! :D