Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 08-15-2018 07:04 AM

Your quilting is sew good...what a fun quilt, SBG.

Thanks, Bluebell...the colors are actually richer looking...the blues more navy than what is shown. Other than the backing, the fabrics are from stash. The inspiration was the myriad of 5 inch squares I was given and what to do with them!

JeanieG 08-15-2018 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8111364)
What's your path across the northern part of the country?

Here goes - Idaho (visit friends for a week), Glacier (if no fires), Highway 90 across Montana to North Dakota, South on Highway 85 to South Dakota (Badlands), across Nebraska to Hamilton, MO, then to Branson, MO. Up to Indianapolis (visit cousin). Niagra Falls, across Vermont to Acadia National Park, Maine. Then Down to Washinton, DC. Down to Myrtle Beach, SC to visit friends, then to South Carolina to visit cousin. May go into Florida to visit friends of my husband. Next to Gatlinburg, TN, then to New Orleans. Across to San Antonio and Fredricksburg. Then toward home (nothing else planned). Whew!!!!

JeanieG 08-15-2018 09:36 AM

Cool quilt SBG - I also love those colors! Great job!

sewbizgirl 08-15-2018 01:12 PM

Thank you on the quilt compliments...

Jeanie, if you travel through Jackson MS between Gatlinburg and New Orleans and would like to meet up for lunch or something, let me know!

JeanieG 08-15-2018 02:12 PM

I will write that down - thanks SBG! Sounds like fun!

dublb 08-15-2018 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 8111604)
Here goes - Idaho (visit friends for a week), Glacier (if no fires), Highway 90 across Montana to North Dakota, South on Highway 85 to South Dakota (Badlands), across Nebraska to Hamilton, MO, then to Branson, MO. Up to Indianapolis (visit cousin). Niagra Falls, across Vermont to Acadia National Park, Maine. Then Down to Washinton, DC. Down to Myrtle Beach, SC to visit friends, then to South Carolina to visit cousin. May go into Florida to visit friends of my husband. Next to Gatlinburg, TN, then to New Orleans. Across to San Antonio and Fredricksburg. Then toward home (nothing else planned). Whew!!!!

Now that's a trip! :) I will be looking forward to talking about when we can get together. :)

givio 08-15-2018 04:39 PM

Ok, I love the plaid border! It's a simple quilt, but effective. Nice!
SBG, Your flowers look very well done! Nice size to the petals and center. It looks like you've used a batting with high loft. There's lots of definition to your quilting pattern.

Girls,Thanks for sharing!

sewbizgirl 08-15-2018 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 8111797)
Now that's a trip! :) I will be looking forward to talking about when we can get together. :)

Watch out she doesn't put a paintbrush in your hand, Jeanie! :D

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8111812)
SBG, (snip) It looks like you've used a batting with high loft. There's lots of definition to your quilting pattern.

It's the same batting I sent you a sample of... for a baby quilt. I love the quilts made with it.

Honchey 08-16-2018 04:34 PM

When are you leaving Jeanie?

oksewglad 08-16-2018 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8111876)
Watch out she doesn't put a paintbrush in your hand, Jeanie! :D

Tooo funny!