Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

givio 11-30-2018 07:48 AM

QNS, Don't we all say that!? 'The older we get, the faster the time flies!' :-)
Sounds like a lot of nice Thanksgiving holiday enjoyment going on last week! That's good. We all have so many blessings. Do count them for yourself, and they will really add up, I'm sure. :-)
I've been sewing on my candies, from the Birthday candy swap the last weeks. I hope to continue until I get this quilt done. (It's so easy for me to be distracted by various projects.)

dublb 12-01-2018 05:54 AM

The weather in Midland was beautiful day before yesterday. It got up to 83 & barely any wind. Yesterday was a different story. I'm glad that we got outta town in time. The wind was 20 mph & they were predicting sand. I hate sand storms! DH had to fight the wind while driving though. I bet there where gusts of wind that got up to 30 mph. We got back in time to get DM to her hair appointment at 2:00.

dublb 12-01-2018 06:38 AM

I got the last half of my BH mystery 4P's pressed & trimmed down while in Midland.https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4858/...bb2e31a9_n.jpg

Then last night I did 16 of the HST's.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4809/...dd18b039_n.jpg
I am happy w/my the method I am gonna use. I am making 8 at a time. Now to go & cut more squares to make the rest.

sewbizgirl 12-01-2018 07:51 AM

Great looking tiny units, Bev! I've been watching the thread and even commenting, but have decided not to do it myself this year. I've done the last 4. They are like marathons... so great when you finish them.

I still need to finish putting my Allietare blocks together and finishing that one up. Don't know why I haven't. I completed the next two mysteries after that. I have a finished Grand Illusion on a bed upstairs, and my Ringo Lake on another bed, and I love them. I also finished En Provence but sold it, as I didn't love it when it was done. I have other Bonnie Hunter tops I've completed (not mysteries) that I need to get quilted. I just need a break from her style.

Love your substitution with the black. That's going to be a striking quilt!

givio 12-01-2018 01:10 PM

I think the BH MQs are a lot of little pieces and work-- and I don't really like the mystery of it. I'd like it better if she did the reveal, then the clues. lol I'm not keen on using sooo much time for something I might not be satisfied with. I gave my En Provence away. It was a nice pattern, but I didn't like that it used up most of my neutral prints. I would have rather used them over more quilts, in a more sparing way, to get more out of them. I don't want to run out and buy more neutrals when I have so much other fabric that needs using.

Oh, yeah, there it is, my avatar! Yeah, it was cute, and I liked it okay. But I'm not going to rush to make another mystery...

dublb, I'm curious to see what yours will look like! Don't give up on it. :-)

oksewglad 12-01-2018 03:18 PM

I know what you mean givio...I've started a couple of small mysteries...guess I have a control issue:D. Like SBG said...the black is going to be very striking.

We have some rainy snowy weather here today...went to work and left at 12:30. We are around freezing and never know if it's going to be rain or snow..but slippery either way. One of the perks was I got my needed sewing needles and one of my friends gave me a huge zip lock bag of waste HST from one project with reds and creams. She knows I make mini's...often one's for our local school FR...going to check the bag out and see what's all in there. The squares made will probably finish at 1". A great leader and ender project!

dublb 12-01-2018 04:43 PM

Thanks Givo. :) I did last year's mystery & loved it. It was the colors that pulled me in. I w/yardage last year by buying grunge.
At first I wasn't too keen on this one, but then I realized that I could use gold instead of orange. When I started buying & picking out the other fabrics I went w/a bit bolder colors. Royal Blue, Candy Apple Red, & Christmas Green. Then it hit me that black would really make these colors Pop. Now I am so excited!
I do want to tell ya how much I like your avatar. I'm glad that ya made that one. :)

dublb 12-01-2018 04:49 PM

OH OK! I love seeing your mini's! :) Have a great time making this one!

oksewglad 12-01-2018 10:05 PM

dublb...it will be a slow process...lots and lots of triangles. I was thinking of doing some heart/valentine redwork and surround it with some flying geese made with the triangles. Thought I had an appropriate pattern book, but they are more nature inspired. I don't do much embroidery work so this will be stepping out of my comfort zone for sure!

I worked on the BS blocks tonight...I'm on week 2, QNS. Now have 9P's done for 10 of the 20 blocks...just keep plugging away at it! I've been distracted by some sewing I've been doing for our guild Christmas party.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-02-2018 06:41 AM

I was on step 6 in the BS pattern when I realized I wanted to make it by each block...so I am off and running with that. 5 Christmas themed blocks done, and the sixth R,W,B block. I can make two a day of the RW&B blocks now that everything is cut out. Had to change the Christmas theme 'cause I got to the place of having 6 inches of background fabric and that was not going to stretch far enough for 20 blocks.