Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-17-2015 01:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The colorful pot holders to brighten up friend's new apartment: [ATTACH=CONFIG]519885[/ATTACH]

And that brings me back to making borders and finishing quilt tops: [ATTACH=CONFIG]519886[/ATTACH]

JeanieG, dh has used the wall of water with his and they are blooming and setting on tomatoes. Looking forward to eating a home grown tomato. And canning a lot of quarts of tomatoes. One LQS has a shelf of $3.00 per yard fabric. That's where I go first in her shop.

dublb 05-17-2015 03:10 PM

Oh! I love all the eye candy! I am still tryin' ta get ready for my class tamarrow. I have my half hexies cut, 2 rows sewn & my instructions written up. :) Now ta pack up.

Honchey 05-17-2015 05:03 PM

Nina, What a "hoot" the pot holders are..sooo cute! I forgot to mention that DH got me 2 patio tomato plants..I hope they survive with the help of my son. All he has to do is water & fertilize, no weeding involved....

carriem 05-17-2015 05:58 PM

Thanks for the compliments on DD's quilt. Jan I knew you especially would like all the batiks. :) I didn't realize most crazy quilts didn't have borders...I just thought this one needed something to calm the eye it is so bright/busy.

QNS--those are some great potholders...what a thoughtful gift!

Dublb--I look forward to seeing your class project and hearing how it goes tomorrow.

Jan--Can we see some pictures of your finishes too?

dublb 05-17-2015 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This mini is the class I am gonna teach.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519921[/ATTACH]
The pattern is Northern Lights but I changed the pattern. I did in in my colors then added a row & a column.
Tomarrow I will teach glue bastin', & matchin' diagonal seams. They will go home & finish the li'le top then on June 1st I will teach 'em spray bastin' on the wall, stress free SID (just go real slow) & machine binding w/a flange.

JeanieG 05-17-2015 07:20 PM

Sounds like a great class Bev, wish I could take it!!!

dublb 05-17-2015 07:27 PM

I wish that ya could come too! :) I'd love ta have all o' ya'll!

carriem 05-18-2015 04:01 AM

Bev--I agree with Jeanie. Looks like it would be a fun class to attend. :) That's a lot of hexies for each quilt!

janRN 05-18-2015 04:23 AM

Have fun, Bev. I'd love to learn how to do a flange binding.

oksewglad 05-18-2015 06:40 AM

Cute pot holders QNS...like you I'm waiting for a fresh from the garden tomato..Jeanie...so lucky to be enjoying them soon....temperatures could be in the high 30's tonight. Not tomato growing weather and a blustery day today.

Guess we'll have to gather round the campfire for Bev's class's....Have a good one.