Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FWS PONY CLUB Week 7 Bright Hopes & Bird's Eye View Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-7-bright-hopes-birds-eye-view-photo-page-t179420.html)

dublb 02-20-2012 04:52 PM

Art, I know that your block didn't come out like you thought, but it is great & will be great in your quilt!
So does your name translate to art in the house?

dublb 02-20-2012 05:43 PM

:oDouble post.

QuiltE 02-20-2012 08:21 PM

DublB ... finger stuttering again?

ArteEC ... you see, you're helping us to learn Portuguese, and we'll help you with your English! :)

dublb 02-20-2012 11:29 PM

I walked away & thought I hadn't posted it. So I posted it again. Silly me!:o

dublb 02-21-2012 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did finish my Birds Eye last night. It isn't center & I don't like the zig-zag stitch that I used for the applique. I think that I'll go back & do a navy satin stitch.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314243[/ATTACH]

ArteEmCasa 02-21-2012 02:37 PM

You girls are making me feel better with the Bird's eye block. Thanks for all the motivation.

dublbl - BINGO! "
So does your name translate to art in the house?"
perfect translation!

I like your block, and I agree with you a navy satin stitch will give more contrast and will define better the central circle. Great fabric and colors.

Quilt E - please bear with me, I studied English when I was a teenager, and have forgotten a lot over the years. I feel ashamed for writing it wrong. But or I write what I know or I can't participate, so I count on you all who understand that English is not my main language.

JeanieG 02-21-2012 02:43 PM

Arte - you are really doing a great job with your translations. I had 2 years of Spanish in high school, and back then it was NOT conversational. There is no way I could write in Spanish, let alone understand what is written!

QuiltE 02-21-2012 03:32 PM

ArteEC .... If I could only do so well in any other language. Somedays I don't even do well in English!!! don't you be shy at all. Your English is very good, and the more you post and read, the better your English will become too!! :) I envy people like you who can manage in more than one language. And English, with all it's weird twists and turns, is not easy!!

DublB ... Love that block .... the colours work well together.

And just think .......... only a few more hours and we start with a whole new set of blocks!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

dublb 02-21-2012 06:23 PM

Art, I don't know any Portuguese. Living in TX I have picked up a tiny bit of Spanish. I'm so very impressed with the fact that you can write in more than 1 language. WOW!
I can stop typing in my TX slang if it would make it easier, or let you know what I'm typing. I know that it can be very confusing.
I'd love to hear more about Brazil.
I love this international board.

janRN 02-21-2012 06:27 PM

Bev, another pretty block and well done. I agree, I'd like the satin stitch, too.
Arte, I also took 2 yrs of Spanish and remember very little. I love reading your posts and learn something from each. I love how international we are but we all speak the same language: quilts.
QuiltE, do you speak French?
Oh, I also took 4 yrs of Latin. Lots of use for that LOL.