Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-18-flying-clouds-friendship-star-photo-page-t188383.html)

janRN 05-12-2012 01:55 PM

DD, pretty pretty blocks! Love the blue and white. This city girl didn't know that was barbed wire--I just thought it was pretty stripes. Love how you used it in your block.

Termi, Flying Clouds has such a nice soft look. I love those little cowboys, great fussy cutting.

Everyone has really done such a great job on these blocks and I didn't think Flying Clouds was easy. We all deserve a pat on the back, she says modestly! Thank you all for your compliments and encouragement.

QuiltE 05-12-2012 02:06 PM

*pat**pat**pat**pat*
along with a whole bunch of "attagirls"
:D

deranged_damsel 05-12-2012 03:05 PM

Termi that friendship star is SUPER CUTE :D

JeanieG 05-12-2012 04:06 PM

Termi, you just did a great job on this weeks blocks. Love those cute cowboys and indians!

oksewglad 05-12-2012 09:02 PM

termi and DDamsel your blocks show how varied quilt making can be. Both sets of blocks beautiful in their own rights. termi the scale of the cute kiddies fit the corner squares perfectly. DD the barbed wire has become your signature fabric. Great job, you two.

I'm in the heart of race horse country. Blue grass pastures, both black and white board fences, horses grazing knee deep in blue grass. A lovely sight for sure.

gardnergal970 05-13-2012 05:00 AM

DDamsel...so brave of you to use plaids for those little squares and you did them so well! Great work.

Termi...Piecing to perfection and no wavy edges. At first glance I thought they were QuiltE's because of the color. Love how the yellow and blue work together and your little guys just add to the fun in the other block. Love both of them.

QuiltE 05-13-2012 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5213107)
I'm in the heart of race horse country. Blue grass pastures, both black and white board fences, horses grazing knee deep in blue grass. A lovely sight for sure.

How about some photos to include in your PC? ... I know it's a little off from the overall look of your quilt ... though they would be company for your folk-art cow!

Termi 05-13-2012 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5213107)
termi and DDamsel your blocks show how varied quilt making can be. Both sets of blocks beautiful in their own rights. termi the scale of the cute kiddies fit the corner squares perfectly. DD the barbed wire has become your signature fabric. Great job, you two.

oksewglad, that does sound like a beautiful picture. I love the look of miles of white board fences and grass and horses. I always wanted to go to Kentucky to see the Derby and be one of those women in the stands dressed really fancy and with a big hat. Sipping a mint julep of course.

mirabelle 05-13-2012 10:08 PM

Beautiful blocks everyone, just so different yet the same pattern.

JanieW 05-16-2012 07:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I'm back in the saddle after company that stayed several days longer than planned and a ton of garden and house work. I really missed this place!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335682[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335683[/ATTACH]