Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 18 Flying Clouds & Friendship Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-18-flying-clouds-friendship-star-photo-page-t188383.html)

Honchey 06-12-2012 06:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You know how the saying goes.."better late than never"!!!! JeanieG....when browsing thru this thread I remember what you said about the getting the blocks correct...I only had to rip out 2 sides!!! I starch all my fabrics before I start and hate when they get all soft from the handling...at one point I was taken back to the FWSQuilt_along and thought I was working on a 6" block...Memories! H

oksewglad 06-12-2012 07:11 AM

What a lovely block! Rich in color and movement. Makes me think I'm swirling up in the sky.
Today is a beautiful day with that clear blue that only comes in June, dotted by a few fluffy whites floating by.

janRN 06-12-2012 07:35 AM

Very nice--so much movement out of squares & triangles. Pretty, pretty color combo.

dublb 06-12-2012 08:06 AM

Lovely, lovely block Honchey! (Blue is my favorite color!) Nice contrast & colors. Your seams line up perfectly! Isn't it nice when it all comes tagether well.:)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-12-2012 09:11 AM

Lovely clouds, Anne. Every piece is perfect. I "reformed" by clouds and had solid borders instead of the pieced block. I am so glad we can each do our own block our own way in color and piecing and just have fun. Love it and love QB. Although the new posted privacy policy leaves some questions in my mind...cookies tracing where I have been?

carriem 06-12-2012 09:29 AM

Honchey--great block! Really like the dark blue...is it "flames" on the fabric?

Honchey 06-12-2012 01:29 PM

Yes, the dark blue has flames...I thought of thunderstorms when I found the scrap....Wow you guys give such nice compliments...I think I'll be late on purpose all the time!!!!
Nina, Please explain what you mean about the private message policy???

QuiltE 06-12-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5284353)
Yes, the dark blue has flames...I thought of thunderstorms when I found the scrap....Wow you guys give such nice compliments...I think I'll be late on purpose all the time!!!!
Nina, Please explain what you mean about the private message policy???

The compliments are well deserved ... and anything I say sounds like I am copying the others. I thought of fluffy white clouds. I loved the movement (and drama) the dark triangles created. Then the richness of the medium blue. As for the piecing, as always incredible work!

ditto ...
QNSue ... please explain!
All I can think of is wanting your BC cookies recipe, and for some strange reason, I don't think you are talking about those cookies! And yes, I still want to make those cookies! :D

dublb 06-12-2012 03:21 PM

I read those new policies & boy are they confusin'.

carriem 06-12-2012 03:23 PM

I just clicked on "read later"....I had quilting to do and needed to get my music turned on after checking posts quick. :)