Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-9-childrens-delight-county-fair-photo-page-t181060.html)

janRN 03-01-2012 05:35 AM

Jeanie, absolutely beautiful blocks. I love the fabric you used in Delight--gorgeous!
OKsewglad, again great blocks. Love the cow print--I collect folk art and have seen that done as a small painting. Love it.
Both of you did great with all those triangles.

gardnergal970 03-01-2012 05:42 AM

Jeanie...for not feeling good , you really did good! The fabric blends beautifully on the first block and do the melons ever remind me of summer in the CF block.

OkSG...bet that brown cow didn't score very high even though she's a looker! Points look good on CF. Did you use templates? Loved the county fair and still do. We didn't show animals so we never got to stay overnight. I participated in the 4-H dress review but my best friend always won purple and the privilege of going to state. When my kids were in 4-H they had animals but we lived close enough and had chores at home so they never stayed over night either. Long, fun filled days!

QuiltE 03-01-2012 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5020793)
QE--You chose the perfect center for the C Delight. Great contrast in C Fair. See above comment:)

butttttttttt ..... it was only the first piece of the unit, so easy-peasy :)

OKSGlad .... now that one would not have scored so well last Friday, though she does have a pretty even topline!! :) Your block a definite EX for these Classifiers! :) What a nice love story about the County Fair! So many memories for the two of you. I know so many others that found their mates thru 4-H shows and at Madison! :) And what do you mean about not being happy with the points? Looks purdy darned good!

JeanieG ... Beautiful blocks ... riding off into the sunset and then a bright and beautiful day at the Fair. Your use of the wheat as inspired me as to what to do with mine.

Once again ... how different the blocks look. Have you noticed how some of the blocks that the squares pop forward ... and some, the triangles ... and some the opposite triangles.

Oh so different according to the fabrics and their placements!

wendiq 03-01-2012 08:22 AM

QuiltE...Love your center blocks.....the rest t'aint bad either.....LOL!

wendiq 03-01-2012 08:29 AM

OKSEWG
wendiq--What a cute couple surrounded by ropes and blue bandanas-great colors. When sewing Cty fair I declared anyone who FC the Cty Fair is crazy.... Not sure what you are saying here, but I will say that your Points are pretty darn good! Someone once told me, "If you can't see it from a passing car, it's good to go"....I always remember that and laugh.....Maybe you can use it too.....:)

gardnergal970 03-01-2012 11:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two for the week. Children's Delight has one of the very few novelty prints I have so I had to try it. The colors on the County Fair are brighter. There are rosebuds in the background fabric but once it's pieced they are hard to see.

QuiltE 03-01-2012 12:13 PM

GGal ... great job on both. That sheep block couldn't have been a better fit into that opening!
Reminds me of some fabric that I have ... must dig it out.
I see those roses ... peaking thru the trellis, perhaps?

janRN 03-01-2012 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine for this week. I've given up on trying to fit the Pony theme.

QuiltE 03-01-2012 02:41 PM

Ooooooooooooh Sew Nice, JanRN ... looks like a pair of perfectly PPd blocks!
PPing isn't all that bad now, is it? :)
Me too, not sticking with the pony theme ... though am trying to stick with rural and nature.

ahem!!!!!!! ............. STILL waiting to see SAS and decadron (or whatever it's called!) :)

Cookie LM 03-01-2012 03:21 PM

My week 9 blocks

2 Attachment(s)
Again you all have such beautiful blocks. I can't say which ones I like the best I see one and say wow then someone else posts and that one is great too. Thanks for having me along.