Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-first-25-completed-blocks-t74338.html)

mirabelle 12-03-2010 12:52 AM

Absolutely beautiful, great job :thumbup:

rwquilts 12-03-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie

Originally Posted by QWC
I am getting ready to order the FW book/CD. Connecting Threads is also offering a supplemental CD. Does anybody else have it? Is it a good thing to have, or just a luxury?

No idea. I broke mine before I could look at the disc. :0D

QB wouldn't let me post links. You can find the yahoo group by searching farmerswifesampler and Laurie's blog by searching "farmers wife quilt."

I am a member of that group and found out from someone here that you can print out your Paper Pieced designs from the site...the companion CD allows you to do that also. The author of the Yahoo group has exclusive rights for the paper pieced patterns I believe? It's not Laurie, the author of the book...go figure!

luckylindy333 12-03-2010 01:27 PM

Thanks everyone for posting these! I am enjoying looking at them so much!!! I love all the different color combinations.
So inspirational!!!!! Thanks again...

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 05:58 AM

Wow. It's interesting how the lights or creams you are using in the blocks is carrying over to give the whole quilt a cohesive look. Love them!

quilter68 12-04-2010 06:00 AM

WoooooooooooW!

Nice work and Thanks for sharing.

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 06:05 AM

I love your scrappy look! They are gorgeous and the quilt will be so interesting.

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by shamrock
TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your blocks are SO perfect! Gorgeous

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
Everyone was so helpful on deciding what fabric to use on the sashing strips that I want to ask for your opinion on the cornerstone blocks. Below are the three options: red, green and black (almost navy). Please let me know what you think looks the best. Thanks so much!

Jeanie

I prefer teh black. It actually makes the red stand out more I think. Too much red otherwise. The black adds a real interest. But whatever you choose it will be gorgeous!

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Here are my first 25 with my sashing and cornerstone fabrics. The cornerstone color is reading black in the picture, but is actually a deep green.

Cornie - what a gorgeous combination. Makes me want to try another one with an actual fabric plan! What a concept!

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi All, I purchased my sashing and border fabric and here's a photo with some of the blocks on the fabric What do you think??

Honchey - it couldn't be more perfect. I am about 5 blocks behind and hope to get caught up this weekend.
Roxanne