Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Photo Page for the First 25 Completed Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-photo-page-first-25-completed-blocks-t74338.html)

Halfsquare 12-04-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Here are my first 25 blocks, I am really surprised at how much I like them, I am a pink and purple kind of girl. I decided that I would try and be true to the original design. Now the challenge will be deciding on border and cornerstone fabric.
I am so pleased I joined this forum, this is the kind of quilt you always want to make but never seem to get around to starting it.
I just have to finish my last charity quilt (I've made 12) and then I can get back to my FWS blocks.
Will post pics of my quilts soon.

I also am so glad I joined this group. Even though I haven't posted a lot of messages - I am lurking a lot and it has definitely given me motivation. I had a quilt class for a month and actually completed and quilted a quilt last month - but it took me away from everything else. So hopefully this weekend I will get caught up.
Roxanne

desankabrown 12-10-2010 11:33 PM

i like the green cornerstones! what is the name of the block -2nd from left on bottom, i believe...looks like a 3D cross...that is in itself a beautiful block!

desankabrown 12-10-2010 11:36 PM

jeanieG...not sure my reply got submitted...but i like the green cornerstones...and wondered what the pattern is called that looks like a 3D cross-on bottom row...thanks!

JeanieG 12-11-2010 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by desankabrown
jeanieG...not sure my reply got submitted...but i like the green cornerstones...and wondered what the pattern is called that looks like a 3D cross-on bottom row...thanks!

I think the one you are referring to is Block #30, it is called End of Day. Is this it?

Halfsquare 01-06-2011 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here they are!

First 25 Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155303[/ATTACH]

sew cornie 01-06-2011 11:11 PM

roxanne, those are so beautiful together! WOW! I love your deep tones. I hope you're proud of yourself. They're wonderful together. :thumbup:

janRN 01-07-2011 03:43 AM

Those are beautiful. I love the colors. Isn't it great how they look together? Just doing a few at time they're just blocks--that looks like a quilt. Fantastic job!!

Quilting Nonnie 01-07-2011 05:29 AM

Roxanne, those blocks are great. What lovely fabrics and everything looks so good together! Hurray for you!

JAGSD 01-07-2011 05:40 AM

Roxanne,
Beautiful! Your colors look absolutely wonderful together.
I love seeing everyone's sets, like jan said you get to see the actual quilt coming together and they are amazing eye candy.

Blue Bell 01-07-2011 04:46 PM

Wow! Your blocks are outstanding. Love your fabrics and your workmanship is perfect.