Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-update-page-t151010.html)

QuiltE 02-27-2012 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5014157)
I know that I don't have enough patience. :o Do take your time. It'll be great when your done.:)

]

Sashing/cornerstones are on two sides of every block.
And they're all on my design wall.
Now to start the switcheroos!!!
I'll play some then take a pic for you ladies to play and help me out!!

Stay tuned!

oksewglad 02-27-2012 09:10 PM

Looking forward to it. Gnight, G

nickylsf 02-28-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5013042)
We'll be looking forward to seeing your Houses! .... and then you can get back into FWS production!
I have a UFO of many scrappy houses that has been waiting, and waiting. I got stumped on what to do with them and so it has sat. I have vowed it WILL get made this year, probably into two lap quilts.

Quilt E, maybe my house quilt will be an inspiration for you!

Honchey 02-28-2012 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=QuiltE;5014833]]

Sashing/cornerstones are on two sides of every block.
And they're all on my design wall.
Now to start the switcheroos!!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

JeanieG 02-28-2012 11:18 AM

I don't know how many times I moved those blocks around, and around, and around on my display wall! It took forever to get them into the final format! I would think it was perfect and walk out of the room. When I went back in, I would see something I did not like, then start moving them again.

QuiltE 02-28-2012 02:16 PM

NickyLSF ... I'm kind of hoping your houses will inspire mine! :) First though, the FWS!

Honchey ... I felt the vibes!

JeanieG ... I know exactly what you mean, though I think I'm pretty darned near there. And then you get it moved for the "reason" and discover you've upset the apple cart by creating a new problem with where it's sitting!!

A colleague was here today and I coerced them to help work on it together (for an hour) before we set to work (the paying stuff!). I thought I was almost there before they came ... then not. Now though, I think I am pretty darned near there!

Sooooooooooooooon for your eyes!

QuiltE 02-28-2012 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And now.............. here it is!

Seriously, Ladies, please give it that critical eye, and make suggestions as to any that should be moved.
I've tried to keep similar block styles apart, and colours spread out ..... you know all about it!

Fresh eyes are good at this point ... and I might see it differently too, now that I've got it pictured!
(and they're still easy to move)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316182[/ATTACH]

dublb 02-28-2012 04:14 PM

Wow I love it! I'm not any good at arraigning other peoples quilts. Besides it looks great to me!:thumbup:

oksewglad 02-28-2012 04:30 PM

What a delight! Love how you put the 4 checkerboards in the corners. When I saw the first one come up (slow internet tonight), I just knew where the other 3 would be; and of course Maple leaf in the center.
What I would do is:
1. 2nd row far right, the purple and gold Sawtooth; give it a flip so the purple is on the bottom.
2. 10th row toward the right, the rose and green Rainbow Flowers; give it a flip, too, either way with the square on top or bottom.
Just MHO. Wonderful sashes and cornerstones. Okay should go sew my blocks now. Haven't picked out fabrics yet!

JeanieG 02-28-2012 06:12 PM

Oh I love it! Great work QuiltE! What I noticed right away was Row 1 - Block 5 and Row 2, Block 4. They seem really similar in style (small triangles). Other than that, I think it is great!