Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 27 Blocks 53 & 54 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-27-blocks-53-54-photo-page-t95995.html)

Honchey 02-02-2011 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Hey, I love it. I would adopt any of these blocks I am seeing. Love the colors!! Joys of Wednesday, we post our blocks and ignore the snow & drifts outside. Babe, it is going to be cold outside tonight.

I love the way you pictured the wood chips--I have a perfect example in my family room and you would think I would have used that as an example ! I imagined it looking down into a wood box with kindling in it. :lol:

grannyQ 02-02-2011 09:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I put my blocks on the discussion page. I don't know how to delete them.

Jackknife
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157124[/ATTACH]

Kitchen Woodbox
[ATTACH=CONFIG]157259[/ATTACH]

grannyQ 02-02-2011 09:49 AM

Wow everyone's blocks are so pretty. It's a good thing to do when we are all snowed in. Can't go anywhere anyhow. The roads are pretty much closed down yet.

Quilting Nonnie 02-02-2011 02:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I can't believe I'm actually going to post on the very first day!! These blocks went so quickly for me. Hurray!

Jackknife
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164537[/ATTACH]

Kitchen Woodbox
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164547[/ATTACH]

Quilting Nonnie 02-02-2011 02:10 PM

Honchey: Love the cool squiggly red material. The tan leaves and stems are squiggly too. The three fabrics are so perfect together.
Weezie: Your jackknife is so beautiful. Love the green and it looks so soft. The kitchen woodbox is great with that red. I also think I have the pink material in blue…it's an old fabric, isn't it?
Oh Violet, love the yellow & gold for jackknife. You can see all the detail of the block; very pretty. The Wood Box is neat, I like the fabrics you chose.
QuiltingNinaSue, The jackknife is gorgeous. I'm now making my husband guess the name of each block! It's so hard to tell where the inspiration was in the block! Your woodbox is so cute. Love the brick and the fabric on the inside.
granny: your jackknife turned out so beautiful. I like how clear the design is! and you must have the "designer" wood box in lilac, violet and purple! Very pretty.

Honchey 02-02-2011 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I made it!! I got my second block #53 done today. I didn't paper piece this one--just wanted to see if I could do it the old fashioned way. Anne

Block # 53 Jackknife
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166177[/ATTACH]

weezie 02-02-2011 03:12 PM

Am really enjoying seeing everyone's blocks. They are great.

Quilting Nonnie, the pink fabric is indeed old. I can't even remember what I bought it for, but I think it harks back to my doll-making days.

weezie 02-02-2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Well, I made it!! I got my second block #53 done today. I didn't paper piece this one--just wanted to see if I could do it the old fashioned way. Anne

Stunning! I love the fabrics.

Honchey 02-02-2011 03:21 PM

thank you, thank you, thank you !

violetsfarm 02-02-2011 04:54 PM

Thank you Quilting Nonnie, I am just using scraps and fat quarters. Even though the pieces are small, I think it takes a bigger scrap than one would think.