Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 39 Blocks 77 & 78 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-39-blocks-77-78-discussion-page-t119072.html)

violetsfarm 05-01-2011 01:32 PM

I would be interested in the new Pony Book Quilt. I have enjoyed this FWS quilt so much. I told my husband, after completing 80 blocks so far, I really consider myself experienced enough to piece any block. Keep me posted.

Belles.hold 05-01-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
There are not too many of us left doing this, but I enjoy doing the blocks each week, and in the end we will have another great quilt. I really enjoy chatting with all of you and seeing your blocks here on this website. Hope we can continue!

Well now, don't be surprised if there are more than you think working on the FWQ. Members of one of my bees and I have been following your progress and trying to keep up. However, I had two "got to finish" quilts for my DD and DGD; the first QB Row Robin and my guild Round Robin, so I only have finished 34 blocks, but now that all four projects are finished...it's onward to numbers 35 through 111! Belles

JeanieG 05-01-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Belles

There are not too many of us left doing this, but I enjoy doing the blocks each week, and in the end we will have another great quilt. I really enjoy chatting with all of you and seeing your blocks here on this website. Hope we can continue!

Well now, don't be surprised if there are more than you think working on the FWQ. Members of one of my bees and I have been following your progress and trying to keep up. However, I had two "got to finish" quilts for my DD and DGD; the first QB Row Robin and my guild Round Robin, so I only have finished 34 blocks, but now that all four projects are finished...it's onward to numbers 35 through 111! Belles

Yeah Belles, glad your back!!! :P

violetsfarm 05-02-2011 12:27 PM

Jeanie G. Thanks for your concern, my computer is apparently shot. However, with a device from Radio Shack one can pull out the hard drive and attach it via usb to another computer and work as an external drive. Live and learn. There are also things called Flash drive or Thumb drive that a lot of people are saving all their stuff to rather than the C drive, then if there is a problem, the flash drive or thumb drive can be inserted into any computer. I guess I am behind the times and I have been saving everything to the C drive. So I am going to get a different tower and a flash drive to prevent the same thing from happening. It may be the off on switch, but my son says more than likely it is a virus. Even though I have virus protection they can't keep up with them.

jeaninmaine 05-02-2011 12:34 PM

For under 100.00 you can get a terabyte or 2 terabyte external hard drive at either Tiger Direct or Buy.com.

I back up everything on my hard drive that I don't want to lose onto an external drive (or two), that way if I have to change computers I can just plug my external into a laptop or a different PC.

When my computer died the last time, I was using an old 15 gig laptop with a 500gig external plugged into it and everything worked just fine til I could afford to replace my computer.

violetsfarm 05-02-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
For under 100.00 you can get a terabyte or 2 terabyte external hard drive at either Tiger Direct or Buy.com.

I back up everything on my hard drive that I don't want to lose onto an external drive (or two), that way if I have to change computers I can just plug my external into a laptop or a different PC.

When my computer died the last time, I was using an old 15 gig laptop with a 500gig external plugged into it and everything worked just fine til I could afford to replace my computer.

Thanks for the information. Sounds exactly like what I need, I had no idea these devices existed.

JeanieG 05-02-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm

Thanks for the information. Sounds exactly like what I need, I had no idea these devices existed.

You just have to "remember" to save to the other source. I have a backup hard drive, and a flash drive. I save my Quicken (financial stuff) to both the backup hard drive and the flash drive every time I use it. That way I have 2 backups of the really important stuff. I also copy all my documents and photos to a cd every once in a while to. I don't think you can ever have "too much" backed up.

violetsfarm 05-03-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm

You just have to "remember" to save to the other source. I have a backup hard drive, and a flash drive. I save my Quicken (financial stuff) to both the backup hard drive and the flash drive every time I use it. That way I have 2 backups of the really important stuff. I also copy all my documents and photos to a cd every once in a while to. I don't think you can ever have "too much" backed up.

I agree with you there, I have learned the hard way.