Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 46 Blocks 91 & 92 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-46-blocks-91-92-photo-page-t130462.html)

janRN 06-19-2011 08:08 AM

You'd think by now we'd be slowing down in our color choices, but no! Each week's blocks are prettier thant the last--everyone has made such unique choices--I love them all.
DD I can't believe you're still handpiecing--you go girl! You're doing great.
Evie I love how you got the fabric design in your Streak of Lightening.
Can't wait for next week to see more beautiful blocks from everyone!!

Quilting Nonnie 06-19-2011 01:25 PM

Evie--Great Blocks! I love your fabric choices this week. I can't wait to see your quilt when it's all done.

auntjo 07-05-2011 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally - slowly catching up...

91 - Strawberry Basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221543[/ATTACH]

92 - Streak of Lightning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221544[/ATTACH]

Honchey 07-05-2011 06:29 PM

AuntJo, I love your strawberries :D :D

janRN 07-05-2011 06:44 PM

Pretty blocks, AuntJo-love that bright red fabric. I don't think I used enough red in mine. (Too late now LOL). Great blocks.

QuiltE 01-16-2012 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What an array of Berries and Streaks!
I could just reach out and snack on those berries. And even those who did not choose berry fabric, your choices still seemed to "speak" of berries. It must have been fun for you to do that block, right in season for berry picking!

Some scary lightening strikes there, Ladies!

Here are mine ....
#91 -- Strawberry Basket -- no berry fabric, just some imagination here! As it would happen, since I made the block, I've since come heir to some!! Nope, not going to re-make it as I do like this one.
and
#92 -- Streak of Lightening -- I'm not sure if I like this one. It'll sure add some zip and punch to the quilt, though, maybe too much!! :)

Quilting Nonnie 01-16-2012 08:55 AM

QuiltE, I love your blocks. They are so rich. I like the streak of lightning; it will add a bit of zing! That twirly little gold in your strawberry basket is a wonderful fabric. Altogether two winners again!

QuiltE 01-16-2012 10:11 AM

Thanks QNonnie ... That twirly gold was the Shepherd's beard in my Christmas quilt. I really like the metallic fabrics and some day, I think I'll have to do a quilt the features them. Maybe too much together? That was the first I used that orange lightening. Maybe I should get a bit of it in another block or two, in the home stretch? there's a LOT of it in that one block.

oksewglad 01-17-2012 05:42 PM

Oh what fun to see everyone's blocks!
QNSue you have the most amazing appropriate fabrics. Such a thrill to see what you come up with. And the predictable color choices of some of you are such fun to see how you put them together.
QE wow--does lightning strike twice? Hope you didn't scare the flavor out of the strawberries in the next block! LOL

QuiltE 01-17-2012 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4885245)
Oh what fun to see everyone's blocks!
QE wow--does lightning strike twice? Hope you didn't scare the flavor out of the strawberries in the next block! LOL

Kind of fitting for the weather here today. It's January, when it's supposed to be snowy and cold north of the 49th. We've had a tremendous lot of rain today. Thankfully no lightening, though I keep wondering if it might? However, the wind has gotten up, and the temperature is plummeting ... back to winter tomorrow! I just wish it would stay "winter"!!! :)