Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 47 Blocks 93 & 94 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-47-blocks-93-94-photo-page-t132198.html)

weezie 06-24-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Deranged, Weezie, Jan, & Sue, great blocks!!!

Pat, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fabrics you used in your blocks! Yummy! Great blocks also!

Thank you, Ronda. Yours look great, as always. The "tall pine tree" looks better with 3 colors, but it's still a weird block. I'm not getting any urge to re-do mine.

rwquilts 06-24-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by weezie

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Deranged, Weezie, Jan, & Sue, great blocks!!!

Pat, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fabrics you used in your blocks! Yummy! Great blocks also!

Thank you, Ronda. Yours look great, as always. The "tall pine tree" looks better with 3 colors, but it's still a weird block. I'm not getting any urge to re-do mine.

I completely agree with you about it being a weird block! LOL! I probably won't make another either... :)

Quilting Nonnie 06-24-2011 10:44 AM

Jeannie, I LOVE the butterfly. The color choices for both blocks are so soothing. It helps to look at them when the temperature is in the near 90's outside!

JeanieG 06-24-2011 02:37 PM

Thank you everyone! So glad to be finally caught up after our trip. Still have my June BOM Star Pattern to finish, and one other BOM then I'll be totally caught up. I really hate to be behind in anything!

mirabelle 06-25-2011 04:08 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone, sadly I haven't got to mine yet :? Hopefully early next week I will be able to see the light at the end of a very long tunnel.
My Club is still busily making quilts for Cyclone Yasi effected areas just north of us, since March we have made almost a hundred quilts and still counting. Some people are still doing it tough.
I promised myself I would stay on top of this challenge and I am determined to get there, chug chug chugging along :thumbup:

Quilting Nonnie 06-25-2011 07:49 AM

Mirabelle, You are doing a wonderful thing in making quilts for all those victims of the hurricane. Your time is well spent and a blessing to others. If you don't make it quite at time with the others, we will still be rooting for you and wAtching for your posts.

Annnd. You're in great company with others going along at a slower pace!

Evie 06-25-2011 10:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Everyone's blocks are looking good. I didn't like that pine tree at all and thought it was one ugly block -- at least mine is, but not so much some of yours. But, here it is anyway.

Block 93 -- Swallow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216483[/ATTACH]

Block 94 -- Tall Pine Tree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]216484[/ATTACH]

Quilting Nonnie 06-25-2011 10:44 AM

Evie, I think your sparrow is very pretty. No one is going to post the name of the blocks on their quilt (are they? :shock: ) so your tree will just be one of the blocks. I mean, really, do any of these actually look like what their names are??

I think your "tree" block is adorably sweet! :thumbup:

rwquilts 06-25-2011 11:29 AM

Evie, great job on your blocks! But that's nothing new! :)

violetsfarm 06-27-2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Evie, I think your sparrow is very pretty. No one is going to post the name of the blocks on their quilt (are they? :shock: ) so your tree will just be one of the blocks. I mean, really, do any of these actually look like what their names are??

I think your "tree" block is adorably sweet! :thumbup:

I say "Ditto".