Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along week 56 Block 111 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-56-block-111-a-t147126.html)

JeanieG 09-04-2011 10:19 AM

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm arranging and re-arranging them on my display board trying to decide how I like them. Every time I walk in my sewing room, I take one or two and move them. Not satisfied yet! LOL

violetsfarm 09-09-2011 11:10 AM

Jeanie G - really pretty block, what a finish!

Morningcoffeegal 09-25-2011 02:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Since I seem to be alone while everyone else is quilting thier blocks ho hum.........will I ever get there? Hmmmm I decided to spice it up for myself & I am working both ends of the quilt gonna meet up in the middle with Block #56! I decided to do this for 2 reasons..........1. Need to thin my stash. So my #1 & #111 block will have the same fabrics, the same with #2 & #110 blocks & so on & so on till I reach the middle. Not to say that some of those fabrics wont be used in other blocks in the quilt I know I don't have enough reds/blacks/whites to make each block totally diff. That brings me to reason 2. I made a promise to myself not to buy any new fabric this year till I use up some of what I have. So now comes the great part and gives me a goal & a reason to look forward to getting to Block #56. I get to go FABRIC SHOPPING! That block will have all new 2012 FABRICS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!! So with all that said here is my #111 Block!

Block # 1 Attic Window & Block # 111 Wrench
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262236[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 09-25-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
Since I seem to be alone while everyone else is quilting thier blocks ho hum.........will I ever get there? Hmmmm I decided to spice it up for myself & I am working both ends of the quilt gonna meet up in the middle with Block #56! I decided to do this for 2 reasons..........1. Need to thin my stash. So my #1 & #111 block will have the same fabrics, the same with #2 & #110 blocks & so on & so on till I reach the middle. Not to say that some of those fabrics wont be used in other blocks in the quilt I know I don't have enough reds/blacks/whites to make each block totally diff. That brings me to reason 2. I made a promise to myself not to buy any new fabric this year till I use up some of what I have. So now comes the great part and gives me a goal & a reason to look forward to getting to Block #56. I get to go FABRIC SHOPPING! That block will have all new 2012 FABRICS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!! So with all that said here is my #111 Block!

Great idea Morningcoffeegal! Can't wait to see your blocks! (I think you forgot to upload your #111.) LOL

Morningcoffeegal 09-25-2011 02:58 PM

Is it just me I am having such a terrible time trying to get pictures to load to this site! Finaly get it & its blurry! Ohhhhh time to go watch some Football! Oh no I meant SEW!!!!!! LOL

Pat from FL and MI 09-25-2011 03:10 PM

Morning Coffee Gal, I love your blocks. I LOVE black/red/white quilts! What a plan to meet at the center and then shop! LOVE IT!

weezie 09-25-2011 05:14 PM

Nice blocks! I'm really glad you are not reluctant to start the FWS now that some of us have done all 111 blocks. We'll be enjoying your progress! I had planned to use just from my existing stash, also, but ended up buying more fabric a couple of times. Mine is totally scrappy, though, so not a lot of repeats.

Evie 09-25-2011 07:09 PM

Morningcoffeegal it's great to see another quilter doing the red/black/white (although mine is actually cream) colorway. There were times I got kinda bored with the combo, but I persevered. The hardest part was getting a sashing color to do the blocks justice! :lol: Looking forward to seeing your blocks and the eye candy they'll provide.

Honchey 09-25-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal

And you thought you were going to be alone!!! I have several that I have not done and just might join you when their # comes up. :lol: :lol: Anne

Quilting Nonnie 09-25-2011 08:47 PM

I like your idea Morningcoffee girl! And the incentive. I'm still working on my blocks so you're not alone. I have done 1-46, some of the 60's and 80's when I was just making blocks to be doing it with the group.

I'd like to get at least 1 block a week done, so this won't carry out for another year.

So I guess we'll be seeing each other's blocks in the coming months. I know there are more out there still working. I even saw one person who just started at block one!