Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party Week 59 BLC and TLC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-week-59-blc-tlc-t91133.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 01-29-2011 09:14 PM

Meredith, have you auditioned the dark green fabric for the binding? That might work well.

QuiltswithConvicts 01-29-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh you are funny Meredith...you know I did that only so I could "see" which fabric was the binding...ROTFLMAO!

I'm using the brown to match my cones....I'm pretty sure anyway... see what you've done now????

What about chocolate-dipped strawberries? Chocolate Cherry Cordials? Both could be hot pink!

sandpat 01-30-2011 06:24 AM

LOL...it actually didn't look bad on the screen with the hot pink:wink:, and now...you've made me hungry! You know I saw my 1st sign of this spring advertising Chocolate covered strawberries!...Yummy!!

wilhelmina 01-30-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Meredith, have you auditioned the dark green fabric for the binding? That might work well.

Kathy, Yes, and the green would look good, but I want to use red, I want that "pop" of color on the edge. Actually I wish I had the same red I used for the cornerstones, but I can't find anymore. The red (I posted) has tiny cream stars. I found some more of that fabric online yesterday and ordered it! It was on sale too, I was surprised I found any red because this line came out over a year ago. :D

Also, the left over fabric is going into the backing, so that lovely dark green is going to be in the quilt too! I plan to square the remaining pieces, lay them out, arrange them, then sew them together. I'm sure I have enough to cover at least a 1/3-1/2 of the back.That should cover the center section nicely. :D

Since this girl is so hefty, I am going to use a lighter weight batting, probably the one you posted that is in your quilt! :D

QuiltswithConvicts 01-30-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Kathy, Yes, and the green would look good, but I want to use red, I want that "pop" of color on the edge. Actually I wish I had the same red I used for the cornerstones, but I can't find anymore. The red (I posted) has tiny cream stars. I found some more of that fabric online yesterday and ordered it! It was on sale too, I was surprised I found any red because this line came out over a year ago. :D

Also, the left over fabric is going into the backing, so that lovely dark green is going to be in the quilt too! I plan to square the remaining pieces, lay them out, arrange them, then sew them together. I'm sure I have enough to cover at least a 1/3-1/2 of the back.That should cover the center section nicely. :D

Since this girl is so hefty, I am going to use a lighter weight batting, probably the one you posted that is in your quilt! :D

Whew! I'm so glad you were able to get more red. I really like it, too, but was afraid you wouldn't get more. I am lovin' Thermore batting. I haven't ever seen such thin batting. Even now, several months since I started quilting it, it hasn't fluffed up. Still paper thin. I'm trying to keep the quilting to a minimum as I have noticed that when I quilt a quilt, it gets heavier with the addition of the thread. Then add the weight of the binding & the thread to sew it on (twice). every ounce adds up, doesn't it.

Warning - it has a sort of sticky feel when you first bring it out of the bag. It goes away after a little while. It's not sticky enough to glue the top & batting down like spray basting adhesive would. It's just a funny feeling. I basted with basting thread. I really like hand quilting through it - almost like there isn't any batting there, but it does puff up nicely on the applique pieces.

sewNso 05-09-2011 05:01 AM

so when i use the software to print out the kits, or corners, what do i put in for a measurement? i've looked thru the thread, and can't find it. doing 4.5 in blocks and 5 x 8 tri's. thx sunny

sandpat 05-09-2011 06:08 AM

Sew..I know I pm'd you this, but putting it in the thread in case someone else needs it....8x8....of click on "size from quilt"

sewNso 05-09-2011 10:05 AM

i didn't see the 'size to quilt'. looked before i went to town. but thought i looked good. i looked at options. maybe it will jump out and bite me after a while. LOL

sandpat 05-09-2011 03:44 PM

Its right below the box where you type in the specif sizes ( I think)

sewNso 05-09-2011 04:06 PM

i see it, but it doesn't light up for me to open it, or have an option. when i edited a kite. sorry. i must be doing something wrong. i just blew thru this, without learning lots, cause i was just copying what you ladies said to do. i even found the the measurements for the strips between the blocks today. but on my software, or on any place else i looked, couldn't find it. found it on page 380, thereabouts, where YOU were re telling someone about it.