Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Week 4 - H4, F7, H3, A9, LS10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/jane-stickle-cyber-sew-week-4-h4-f7-h3-a9-ls10-t34651.html)

sandpat 01-27-2010 03:59 PM

I'm all for getting them complete anyway you can. I was thinking today as I was sewing a border all the way around a block...was this actually a mistake that Jane Stickle made? Isn't it amazing and wouldn't she get a huge laugh at everyone who is "copying" her "mistakes"... :shock: ??

sarahelloyd 01-27-2010 04:50 PM

sandpat, that hadn't occurred to me but it is a funny thought, i wonder what hazards she had to contend with, especially when it came to ironing!

Tiffany 01-27-2010 05:57 PM

Wow! Everyone's blocks are so amazing!

retrogirl02 01-27-2010 08:49 PM

I was missing these posts and have really fallen behind...but the blocks are just gorgeous, everyone!

JRSAY 01-28-2010 10:49 AM

WOWOW
what fun all of your blocks are...I have started, tried to do a few by machine, still think will be easier for me to hand sew.
Hope to post next week of my small pile,
Has anyone thought of the Dear Jane Reject quilt for all those that turn out just strange?
hugs to all dear janers

Tiffany 01-28-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JRSAY
WOWOW
what fun all of your blocks are...I have started, tried to do a few by machine, still think will be easier for me to hand sew.
Hope to post next week of my small pile,
Has anyone thought of the Dear Jane Reject quilt for all those that turn out just strange?
hugs to all dear janers

Yes, a DJ Reject quilt has been brought up a few times. I'm hoping I don't make that many mistakes that I can make an entire quilt out of them! :lol:

sandpat 01-28-2010 04:29 PM

Yes...I, ummmm, will probably be able to carpet our town with reject blocks....by the way...I have 11 reject blocks from the Christmas swap....the blocks themselves are perfect...the red will run if you wash them though...anybody want them? I'm gonna toss them.

luvmortherest 01-28-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yes...I, ummmm, will probably be able to carpet our town with reject blocks....by the way...I have 11 reject blocks from the Christmas swap....the blocks themselves are perfect...the red will run if you wash them though...anybody want them? I'm gonna toss them.

why don't you do a wall hanging with them?

sandpat 01-28-2010 05:10 PM

I could....but since I made 11 of them, actually 12 counting the one I ruined...then made another 18 of that same...bleepin'....block...I hate it now! :roll: :lol: :lol: Call it an expensive lesson learned..both financially AND timewise!

luvmortherest 01-28-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I could....but since I made 11 of them, actually 12 counting the one I ruined...then made another 18 of that same...bleepin'....block...I hate it now! :roll: :lol: :lol: Call it an expensive lesson learned..both financially AND timewise!

you could do a 10 block wall hanging and a coaster :?: i just hate to see you throw away perfectly good blocks. how about maybe some coasters for friends or family :-(