Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/journeys-dear-jane-baby-janes-making-complete-t242591.html)

tellabella 04-05-2014 06:01 PM

I started the quilt way back when...followed the other 2 Dear Jane groups and can never seem to stay on track...this might inspire me....again...I have maybe 50 or so blocks done..

where can one get a copy of that chart I see...and I apologize if is mentioned somewhere ...I have not had time to read all the posts here...

Kmeyer 04-06-2014 05:08 AM

The block chart is in the Dear Jane software or you can copy the one from post #196 which is an Excel chart from Gladys. It is fantastic that you have 50 blocks done and I hope you continue with us to finish your quilt. I have 36 completed and hopefully I will catch up with you soon.

SheriR 04-06-2014 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I started going to a DJ class that meets once a month on the first Saturday. Yesterday we did C2 and H2.

spartan quilter 04-06-2014 02:14 PM

Wow, SheriR, your blocks are beautiful. Are you doing 2 quilts? And what a great way to do your blocks, with others in a group.
I see that you are numbering how many pieces are in each block. I need to go back and do that. I have eliminated some seams in a block where I could, so I know that I won't have the same number of pieces, but do want to put that total into the last cornerstone.

SheriR 04-06-2014 03:17 PM

Spartan, yes I started what I call my Classic Jane with the 2012 group. Last May I started a BoM Batik Jane too. My rule for myself was I need to do both blocks at the same time. I love the Saturday class. The teacher is Sarah K Frances. She's written her own instructions for each block and redrafted many. It's really fun.

marcias 04-06-2014 06:52 PM

How would one find a Dear Jane group in the area, like SheriR did? That would help me a lot to actually get something done. :^) Marcia in TX

Nammie to 7 04-06-2014 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by marcias (Post 6663283)
How would one find a Dear Jane group in the area, like SheriR did? That would help me a lot to actually get something done. :^) Marcia in TX

Check with your local quilt shops or local guilds. They should have information on who might be doing a Dear Jane.

d.rickman 04-07-2014 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my pictures - I reduced them using ezthumbnails by Fookes.com[ATTACH=CONFIG]470563[/ATTACH]

GV09 04-07-2014 09:29 AM

[Quote = quilter espartano; 6661130] Lo hice a través de una semana y tengo a 3 cuadras por hacer. A este paso, sólo me llevará otros 2 años, si no me caigo de nuevo. De todos modos, tengo bloques E 11-12 y 13 se haga. Todo el material que estoy utilizando es sobras de las tapas del edredón que he hecho en el pasado. Algunos vienen de algunas plazas encanto que me dieron a la venta hace un tiempo. E11 es un bloque que hice de alguna tela Looney Tunes Tengo muchos años atrás por $ 1 al patio, y me compré el resto del perno. La primera foto es de la parte superior del edredón que yo acababa de terminar de esa tela. Y este es el bloque E11 de ese material El próximo 2 son E12 y E13 y utilicé plazas encanto para ellos voy a tener estos bloques unidos a las primeras 4 filas y luego me voy a trabajar en los triángulos TR. Deséame suerte:) :)
[/ quote]

WOW! Spartan Quilter! I love your blocks, but I love love love your quilt! It's so beautiful!
A big hug!

GV09 04-07-2014 09:31 AM

[Quote = SheriR; 6662761] empecé a ir a una clase de DJ que se reúne una vez al mes en el primer sábado. Ayer hicimos C2 y H2. [/ Quote]

Hi, SheriR!
So Beautiful blocks! I love your batiks!
A hug!