Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

AnngelAnne 11-27-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5680592)
AnngelAnne the quilt is really grand he will see the pictures and know immediately.......

Brillant....what a treasure !

Thank you Sunliten, without the frames and his wall as background it might take a minute, but it will be fun to see.

AnngelAnne 11-27-2012 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5680661)
Anne, your quilt is fabulous! He is going to be one happy man when he gets that quilt!

Thanks Pam, I sure hope so. Christmas and birthday present combined, lol, no time for anything else.

AnngelAnne 11-27-2012 05:21 AM

SewNso your quilt turned out really nice, and you are quick to have it done so soon. Great job.

katybob 11-27-2012 06:35 AM

I'm with you, Jaba -- Love my A/B and love my C/D, but they look lousy together! There was a reason Judy started the clue with monochromatic colors. So I'm going to search for fabric to go with each and make two. I really love the pattern and I'll enjoy making more blocks.

AnngelAnne 11-27-2012 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5682902)
I'm with you, Jaba -- Love my A/B and love my C/D, but they look lousy together! There was a reason Judy started the clue with monochromatic colors. So I'm going to search for fabric to go with each and make two. I really love the pattern and I'll enjoy making more blocks.

Now that is the way to solve a problem, maybe more work but worth it in the end. Smart cookie.

mom-6 11-27-2012 07:31 AM

These are looking so pretty!
Have gotten way behind due to other projects taking precedence. Have the strips cut for the diagonal border but not yet stitched together. And have not even cut the strips/squares for the next set. But once I get birthdays and Christmas situated will get back to it. Love how its coming together.
Everybody keep posting your pictures!

Evie 11-27-2012 08:00 AM

Judy, I'm a bit late, but wanted to say thank you for the wonderful ride. I've got all the pieces sewn together but not yet into the top. These darn Christmas projects keep getting in the way! But you did a wonderful job of keeping it a mystery and it is a lovely design. This is my second mystery train ride and am looking forward to any other you plan. Maybe early next year?

marytoddliz 11-27-2012 08:55 AM

Jaba, I can't explain how it happened but the fabric I originally picked out as E and F somehow became B and and D, and seriously I like it better this way! I ended up having to match and fudge a little but I am amazed how well it is turning out! I wish I had more time to sew for me! It would be finished, but the show must go on! LOL

Linda suggested that I need to take a break... When I woke up this morning I felt the pain right through my shoulder blades! URG...It is seriously time to slow down and go for a run! So I am going to interrupt my day and go hit the road!

jaba 11-27-2012 11:23 AM

ugly duckling

1 Attachment(s)
Okay brat....you asked for it! Now the rest of you can see what I'm talking about, just can't seem to wrap my head around this.[ATTACH=CONFIG]378847[/ATTACH]Not sewn together but you can get the idea. Now what do I do????

chefbwarner 11-27-2012 11:38 AM

Jaba, leave it be. I love the way the darks spring forward and the more subtle blues hang back a bit. The eyes moved quite nicely. I really really like it. Still working on mine. Had to take a break. Back is a bit stiff today. A lot of great rain all day. We've had so many fires. This will knock them down for a couple weeks.