Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

coopah 02-01-2014 07:55 PM

Sure, Dedemac, I can get the Dark Chocolate at Aldi's for you. Is it a certain brand...I don't shop there much, but am willing to stock up for fellow travelers. As long as it fits in Ms. Mini's trunk, we're good to go. Don't want any Bailey's showing if she gets stopped by an officer of the law! :-) Seriously, Aldi's has Bailey's? Guess that store does deserve another visit...must've missed a lot on the other trips! See all ya all soon! (That's what the natives here say. I'm trying to blend in...and I remember to wear lipstick and mascara in public, too!)

RN-Quilter 02-01-2014 09:30 PM

Luvtooquilt .... your avatar is a very good example of how the sashing and B-fabric will play together ...thanks for the "unintended" clarification!

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 6547525)
im not a big fan of mysteries but I think im going to join in on this one... Why not.?? whats it gonna hurt ?? Ive got scraps and lots of 'em too !!!

A is sashing, B will be very prominent.

Fabric A – 18” WOF OR You can use 2 identical fat quarters for A.
Fabric B – 3/4 yard (need more if you want binding to blend with topper)
More about finishing during week 5

Binding – wait until you are done to see what you want to use.

Ok got it !!!!!!

MaryColgan 02-02-2014 12:36 PM

Newbie, here, climbing onboard! My first 'train ride'!
MaryC

Boonedox 02-02-2014 02:02 PM

My first train ride too, I'm excited! Quilting with new friends, and did I hear something about Chocolate? I will have dark chocolate and Shiraz in my box car, come on in and say hello. Thank you Judy!

m-fay 02-02-2014 03:19 PM

I'm bringing a cheesecake to the box car & joining maryColgan & Boonedox for a wine & chocolates, till I can unpack my machine. There I will sit back & see what good work you all do

paintmejudy 02-02-2014 03:23 PM

tripgirl, absolutely love your bird fabrics. I assume the gold is the sashing and the white background is the B?

Welcome to everyone, so many new faces, this is just great. And I have to comment on what one of you said, that this is small and will get finished. Yes indeed, I wouldn't do a mystery that makes like a queen size, what if you hate your fabrics or the pattern. So dive in, grab your scraps and enjoy the trip. I have my ...... things? ..... all done for Friday's sewing. In fact, I have the topper almost done, had to make sure it would work in the size I cut it down to!

Jenniky 02-02-2014 03:41 PM

I've pulled all my Black Red and White Scraps. Will figure what is what as clues come along. :)

KLTQuilts 02-02-2014 09:04 PM

Please count me in on this fun journey!

paulswalia 02-03-2014 04:28 AM

I'm going for the summer at the camp/lunch on the deck table topper so have picked out bug fabrics as my focal fabric and will pick scraps from there. Photos to follow after I've had my coffee!

paintmejudy 02-03-2014 06:07 AM

That will be so cute, paulswlia.