Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

paintmejudy 02-04-2014 07:33 AM

54 or 55 charms, to give you some leeway plus an A and a B

tlambing 02-04-2014 08:00 AM

OK, I've subscribed to the thread...read the directions about 10 times...read every post since the beginning......waffled back and forth at least 20 times. I think I am now ready to commit to this trip. Where's the dieters car?

IrishKaren 02-04-2014 08:34 AM

I put together all of our clues on the fabric we need. Judy told us to gather a mixture of scraps to use then she told us:

"You could even use leftover charms and they will be cut down a bit for our needs. Pick a good range of light, medium and dark. You’ll need about 55-60 different charms or it would not be a problem if you have some duplicates of the scraps. Pick some extras in case you don’t like the way they assemble."

Fabric A – 18” WOF OR You can use 2 identical fat quarters for A.

Fabric B – 3/4 yard (need more if you want binding to blend with topper) More about finishing during week 5

"... don't cut anything yet. You won't be using 5" squares, I just mentioned that you could use leftover charms."

"I'll just say -- if you set aside about a 4-1/2 to 5" piece you will be able to cut out what you need."

",,, remember what I said: A is sashing, B will be very prominent."

Mishi 02-04-2014 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've had a look through my fabric, and so far have picked a couple of options.

I hope one of these sets will work ok (fabric A on the left, B on the right in both photos).

I'd prefer to go for more of a lap quilt size - hope I have enough of the fabrics for this!

Emma S 02-04-2014 03:12 PM

Mishi: Both are beautiful but love the second one.

sustraley 02-04-2014 04:23 PM

love the second one too. I still can't decide what to use.

Dedemac 02-04-2014 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by KarenR (Post 6554098)
I knew Aldi's carried chocolate but Bailey's too?

It's their version O'Donnells Irish Cream, according to the website it's only $8.99 so much cheaper than Bailey's.

KarenR 02-05-2014 04:29 AM

What can I contribute- how about a breakfast ball.

A treat for our family has always been Olle ballens. Grandma made them for special occasions.

Both my Grandma's made them one said it was a Dutch treat the other a Swedish treat. Only difference I can tell is that one had apple pieces besides the raisons in them. I just loved them.

paperpieceme 02-05-2014 05:24 AM

bummer, i have two coordinating fabrics but not enough charms, i thought it was either/or. and i cant do any shopping right now. so i guess i will sit in the club car and watch.

Pam H 02-05-2014 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme (Post 6556039)
bummer, i have two coordinating fabrics but not enough charms, i thought it was either/or. and i cant do any shopping right now. so i guess i will sit in the club car and watch.

Maybe you can come up with some scrap pieces to make up the difference. Would be a shame not to join in.