Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

tlambing 02-09-2014 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz (Post 6564797)
Ok, Here are my squares.... I don't have a B fabric picked out yet... any suggestions? I got this charm pack and thought the designer must have been on something when they designed it.... thought I would try and salvage it on the train....... the lites on the far right are fill in from other charm pack....

How cute sdeaaz! I have that fabric line and am doing a disappearing 4 patch with it. Can't wait to see your runner.

sdeaaz 02-09-2014 05:40 PM

do you have a suggestion for my other coordinating color fabric... I was thinking something lite beige with a little dark brown... I don't have it in my stash, will have to find it.

Sorry for the comments about the fabric.... just wasn't my style when I got it.

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 6565064)
How cute sdeaaz! I have that fabric line and am doing a disappearing 4 patch with it. Can't wait to see your runner.

jaba 02-09-2014 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wasn't going to hop the train this time, but I've gone on all the rides and just couldn't stand it. Had some blues from a charm pack and then just started pulling from my shelves to cut out blues, greens, yellows and tans. Got them sewn today[ATTACH=CONFIG]461466[/ATTACH]

AngeliaNR 02-09-2014 07:26 PM

I put together a bunch today--257, to be exact! I'm planning two quilts, though it could possibly turn into three. Making a dent in my scraps-Yay! :)

paintmejudy 02-09-2014 07:50 PM

Everything posted so far is wonderful. I love all the different themes and fabrics.

Now, all of you that are stressing over your B fabric, I, your fearless leader, command you to STOP! Stop the madness, I say, and just wait until you need to take a stand and cut into something you will call B. I don't want to give any help on the B. It will all come down to personal choice, and what I think might look nice as a B, others will say, "Judy's taste in fabric is in her smelly feet." That said, I am off to bed after a nice warm shower, crawl into clean sheets, try to find a mindless boring book to try and wind down. Been up since 6 and running all day. See you all tomorrow, have a good evening, what is left of it.

AngeliaNR 02-09-2014 07:54 PM

Good night, Fearless Leader! :)

SulaBug 02-10-2014 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
YEAH!! :D I finally got my 52 squares all sewn together & ready to show everyone. Luckily I was able to find exactly 52 different pieces of fabric for mine. Most of it is floral, as I just love floral fabric's. Hope these blocks will work out just right!!
:D :D :D :D

Moonglow 02-10-2014 05:29 AM

Hi Judy, hope it's not too late to jump on board. This looks like fun.

Daisy Dew 02-10-2014 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 6559644)
Aldi's will be my first stop on the way to catch the train. I'm thinking the Bailey's is a nonalcoholic flavored coffee creamer. There was some of that at another grocery store. And the dark chocolate. Anything else...oh, I'll bring strawberries. They're in season now! :thumbup:

The one I buy at Aldi's is not non-alcoholic it's not called Bailey's as that is a trade name but look for an Irish Cream in Aldi's wine section sure wish I was closer to a store - we need one in St Augustine!

paulswalia 02-10-2014 05:40 AM

I got sidetracked over the weekend and made the Strip Twist quilt from the Quiltville site instead of working on my mystery. So this afternoon - watch out, I'm gonna get busy. Really - I am - in between blowing my nose from this horrible head cold my DH gave me. He's still alive, but only because I was in the quilting studio - and stayed away from him!