Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

Oksewnsew 02-10-2014 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OKKK, I am a little confused about what fabric to pick. I've fussed with this since the beginning of this. Now, I went thru scraps and picked these out. Now the hard part, will these pcs work with scraps? PLEASE give me some input..lolo Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461648[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 02-11-2014 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 6567636)
OKKK, I am a little confused about what fabric to pick. I've fussed with this since the beginning of this. Now, I went thru scraps and picked these out. Now the hard part, will these pcs work with scraps? PLEASE give me some input..lolo Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461648[/ATTACH]

I just love your blocks & I see so many of them should have been in my blocks, with all of the pretty floral's!! :D I do think the lighter color fabric would go well for the A choice, but I am not at all sure what we are going to want for the B choice, until we get more of an idea of how it is going to go together. Good Luck with your choices.
:D :D :D :D

Elisabrat 02-11-2014 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]461689[/ATTACH] here is my selection forget if I already posted this (sigh). I am going with the fall tones lots of pumpkins, leaves and blenders :)

Elisabrat 02-11-2014 05:32 AM

ps on all those pretty florals just posted I think a blue would make a nice accent for all of them. or maybe a green something with a bit more color than the beige?

coopah 02-11-2014 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6565841)
YEAH!! :D I finally got my 52 squares all sewn together & ready to show everyone. Luckily I was able to find exactly 52 different pieces of fabric for mine. Most of it is floral, as I just love floral fabric's. Hope these blocks will work out just right!!
:D :D :D :D

Sulabug, you inspired me! I was rummaging through UFOs, partially finished projects, and when I read your entry, the lightbulb went on! YAY! I have some pretty bright florals left from a long ago block of the month project. I'm usually a pastel girl. Anyway, I did get 52 pieces cut and now will go on to stitch the strips. Hope you don't mind me copying, but these were scraps and now they won't be! I was ready to leave the train. Thanks! Love this group!!

gramquilter2 02-11-2014 06:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished the 1st part of my blocks and am waiting "patiently" for Friday!

sdeaaz 02-11-2014 06:33 AM

this is really beautiful... can't wait t see the finished product......quilt

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 (Post 6568233)
Finished the 1st part of my blocks and am waiting "patiently" for Friday!

Emma S 02-11-2014 06:34 AM

Gram: Know what you mean about "patiently" for Friday. My son will be visiting so I'm not even sure I can take more than a little peek at the clue.

Jenniky 02-11-2014 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6564647)
Wow all the variety is really fun, except I find myself thinking what I have in my stash that would work for Autumn, Summer, Valentines day not even mentioning the entire bin of batiks. Badder you Valentine choices are really fun. Caroline love your summery look, so neat it is commemorative too. Judy love your Sunflower quilt. Have a lot of vanes left over, love to do something like that. This thread is really great because of the diversity. Well my Magpie tendency has kicked in yet again. Sorting through my "big" scraps I thought about a large quantity of flannel that I purchased when my daughter was a teen. Yeah never got it made, doesn't seem to work for any of the people I know now. So I started with a triangle and just worked strips around it. I know there are some truly beautiful string quilts , this is not that. This will probably be the back of a quilt, but having fun with the mindless stitching. The squares are 10 inches finished and as everyone knows not even making a dent.

Emma Thank you Thank you for sharing your string triangles:thumbup: What a truly wonderful idea for a backing. I will be borrowing your idea if its all right with you for the backing of my table topper.:)

Everyone is sharing some really beautiful fabric [scrappy/controlled scrappy] choices for their mystery toppers. :thumbup:

I'm off to work on my medallion quilt now. Have a great day all. :)

Emma S 02-11-2014 08:15 AM

Jenniky: Hope you have as much fun putting it together as I am. What I forgot to mention is I'm using the flannel as a foundation. My kids frequently comment that their quilts aren't heavy enough for winter so figure the flannel with the batting will beef it up. This particular flannel is a deep purple background so I am using the wrong side next to my scraps.