Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

paintmejudy 02-11-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 6567636)
OKKK, I am a little confused about what fabric to pick. I've fussed with this since the beginning of this. Now, I went thru scraps and picked these out. Now the hard part, will these pcs work with scraps? PLEASE give me some input..lolo Thanks

I think your scraps are lovely. And the only thing I can offer in the way of a suggestion is to not use the floral for A, but it will be a great B. If you use the little gold/tan/beige (can't really tell the color on my monitor) you may want to rethink a few of the blocks to make sure there is a good contrast. Such pretty fabrics.

And gramquilter, your blocks look great! Love 'em.

Hee hee. Glad to hear you gals are waiting "patiently" for Friday. Hmmm ... never met a quilter before with the patience to wait for a clue.....

Wavewatcher 02-11-2014 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will join everyone in our "patient" waiting for Friday and Judy's next clue. Here are my blocks. There are a few extra so I can dismiss "that one that just does do it." Nose to the window...waiting for signs of the next clue.:o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461727[/ATTACH]

SewBelle 02-11-2014 09:12 AM

Oh, I think I'm going to jump on this train! I have just finished class 3 of my beginner's quilting class - Monday we'll learn how to, and bind the quilt. I am now quite excited to work with my newly acquired "skills" and have fun with this!

I put some no-bake cookies and Sierra Mist in the club car and now can't wait to go through my fabric stash (have sewn for years, just haven't quilted before) and I have tons of fabric that should work for this mystery project!

paintmejudy 02-11-2014 09:38 AM

wavewatcher, I cannot pick out even one that will not work on your topper. Fantabulous colorations Nose to the window, huh? Great visual, there, I can just picture it. Is that your label for the topper? Can't read the small print.

SewBelle, hop on board, you'll have a ball. I think this project will be fine for a beginner quilter.

urgodschild2 02-11-2014 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had this wide jellyroll of candy fabric and I am using that. Some of the prints repeat 3 times but I think I will be ok with it. The fabric was 5 1/2 inches by 18 inches. So I have lots left over. Using the blue for the A It looks good so far. Have no clue what to use for B but as Judy says we can pick that out later. I am not going to buy any fabric. I am using what is in my stash only. (says no one ever?)[ATTACH=CONFIG]461768[/ATTACH]

coopah 02-11-2014 12:17 PM

Ta dah! Whew!

1 Attachment(s)
OK. They are done...minus two. One was cut wrong and the other is a single rose that will be cut when I can tell which direction it should go. No idea what I'll use for the other fabric. OKsewnsew, you can hit me with a wet noodle now that I'm out of the sewing car. First, I take your idea for florals, then I didn't give you credit. [ATTACH=CONFIG]461773[/ATTACH] Sorry it's sideways. The picture is as goofy as I am!!

SewBelle 02-11-2014 12:31 PM

Wow, this is beautiful fabric! I can't wait to see what the final product will look like.

lawsonmugs 02-11-2014 01:18 PM

coopah pretty floral fabric the mint green looks great with it.Wavewatcher love the blocks you have so far.Can't wait to see the other blk/white with it.YourGodschild2 Isn't that some cute candy fabrics.I used to love those candy dots on the paper. Brings back a lot of memories from way way back. Mary

PokerDiva 02-11-2014 02:12 PM

Coopah, I love your fabric.

paintmejudy 02-11-2014 02:23 PM

coopah, so bright and cheery, really looks super.