Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

Trippgal 02-15-2014 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldnt stand waiting any longer..... I blew off my chores and hid in the babecave.

the colors are really strange looking in the photo. The pinkish ones are brick red and flecks of orange, the royal blue is actually navy

jaba 02-15-2014 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished mine too so will show you a pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]462576[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 02-15-2014 07:11 PM

mine are piled up neatly waiting for the next step.. two extra in case I have to figure lay out and color best pics :) super simple to put together and think this will be a nice subtle table mat for me (fall colors pumpkins etc). nothing too intense. of course seeing some colorful ones posted I want one of those too! not even sure who can use a 42" table topper not my table its only 36" across by 48 that is a bit of an odd size for it so a gift in the making :) this is ok with me too.. Christmas seems to arrive way to fast for my big quilt ideas.

paulswalia 02-15-2014 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 6576916)
Here are mine - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462551[/ATTACH]

Looking forward to the next step. I'm trying to decide what I want to to with the 1 inch piece I cut off the charm squares. Maybe 4 patch units? Maybe a 9 patch? Not sure yet - - - -

Jane

I think you're on to something here, Jane. Fabric B which is "predominant" could be the setting triangles and the leftover A could be binding. Hmmmmm...........love trying to figure out a mystery.

retiredteacher09 02-15-2014 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]462628[/ATTACH]I finally finished my sets! I made a few new 4 1/2 inch squares because I decided I didn't like all of my first squares. Then I had to unstitch several of the bigger squares because I placed them in the wrong direction! Today I couldn't watch TV and sew at the same time! :)Usually I can do both!

sdeaaz: Some of my blocks are a little bit wonky too!

Connie

Quiltaddiction 02-16-2014 01:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my step3 done. I have used vintage fabrics and repeating . I'm still undecided on the prominent colour B. I am going on holidays this next weekend and will be away for 2 weeks so I'll have to play catch up when I get home. Loving all the pictures great job everyone can't wait to see them finished. I'm already thinking a second lol.

Elisabrat 02-16-2014 04:00 AM

ok don't laugh at me but as I watch all the scrappy blocks come together I am looking at all the tiny fabrics wondering what you made with this one and that one.. and some of them are so pretty I want yardage of them! shopping your scraps I am :)

zennia 02-16-2014 04:22 AM

Everyone's blocks are so pretty. I cant wait to get a few min. to get going on mine.

SunlitenSmiles 02-16-2014 05:08 AM

Zennia
stay safe and warm and if you do have a few minutes,
I hope you have electricity. This goes for everyone in snow

jclinganrey 02-16-2014 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6577724)
ok don't laugh at me but as I watch all the scrappy blocks come together I am looking at all the tiny fabrics wondering what you made with this one and that one.. and some of them are so pretty I want yardage of them! shopping your scraps I am :)

Mine are from a charm pack. I had 5 charm packs and a layer cake in a collection called 'Paint Box' by Laundry Basket for Moda. Been wondering what I was going to do. Thanks to our fearless hostess, I now have a solution!

Jane