Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

retiredteacher09 02-22-2014 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow! The pictures show amazing quilt toppers.

Thank you to the people that gave suggestions on which B fabric I should use. Emma, I'm glad I switched my B fabric too.

I will lose the points on most of the corner 4 1/2 inch blocks and it isn't exactly square. Oh, well, at least I can say I did setting triangles and put the topper on an angle. More angled tops will now be in my future because it was easier than I thought at least to this point. I am concerned about the 'twist' that Judy mentioned in this last direction. :)

Connie

jaba 02-22-2014 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got mine done today too so will show a pic to all of you. One little pattern and everyone's looks so different, amazing what fabric can do isn't it??[ATTACH=CONFIG]463859[/ATTACH]Sorry about all the stuff in the background, my design wall is full with "Storm at Sea" blocks so using the little portable one.

Oksewnsew 02-22-2014 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine, on the design wall, have a bunch of sewing to do..lol I think I tried every pc of fabric in the room before I put this one with it and it clicked, at least for me..Hope I did ok.. I think there are more of these in my future..:) Everyone's tops are really pretty, but I'm really partial to Dot's batik, and the purple w/flowers ones..but I love batiks and particularly flowers..:) This has been another fun ride, I'm just kinda settin' and watching the countryside go by, thanks again PMJ...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]463862[/ATTACH]

Anoka Quilter 02-22-2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz (Post 6590054)
My sister has never mentioned Millie P's ... where is it... I will tell her....

It is in Anoka on Main Street between 2nd and 3rd Ave. If you like PM me and we can take this off-list.

Anoka Quilter 02-22-2014 07:22 PM

Great toppers Dotty. I love the last one with all the fruits. Looks good enough to eat.

Anoka Quilter 02-22-2014 07:27 PM

I am defiantly planning on doing this pattern again. My next one is going to be a baby quilt for my friends daughter. What a great pattern Judy. I am happy I joined this ride.

Boonedox 02-22-2014 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]463871[/ATTACH] Here's mine. I sure am enjoying seeing all the variety. Thanks to our fearless leader, Judy. Looking forward to the next twist.

Grandma Cindy 02-22-2014 07:59 PM

I prefer the second picture, very pretty...

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 6588501)
To my MN friends, I'm done with snow! I think I am going to prefer the below zero evening temps next week!

sunliten smiles:) thanks for the chuckle!

4 choices as I think the B fabric that I matched my 3 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch blocks to is way too busy. It is the last picture. Suggestions, anyone on what looks best? If I don't use the B fabric now, maybe it can be part of the border or the backing.

I will check back after I go to Hudson for my son's 31st birthday dinner!

Connie

Emma S 02-23-2014 04:57 AM

Jabba: Never apologize to a quilter for showing your stash. As pretty as your topper is I bet about half us spent more time peering at the beautiful fabric in your stash. OK: That floral relay works well with your blocks. It really is funny, that when you hit the "right" one there is almost an audible click. Boone: Such a pretty scrappy! So many diverse fabrics and the blend perfectly.

Boonedox 02-23-2014 05:27 AM

Jabba I really like yours too! It's like a sweet song, beautiful arrangement.