Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

reeskylr 03-02-2014 01:40 PM

Such beautiful toppers, I still need to finish the border!

Love that slice and dice too, makes for an interesting topper.

VickiM 03-02-2014 05:43 PM

Siodach...........Wow! Totally different & wonderful!!!

Dedemac 03-02-2014 06:18 PM

Siodach that is so awesome, now I wonder what mine would look liked sliced and diced.

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 6605319)
Hello everyone from a chillyScotland. This post will be a series of firsts for me - first post on the board, first mystery quilt, first train ride. I've had a great time doing my first official 'scrappy' quilt!
Here's hoping I'll be able to upload my pictures first time too :)

However this is not the first time I've been unable to follow pattern instructions! (With apologies to Judy for adapting her great pattern.)

I had such a fun time trying to predict what the twist would be for the final clue. I thought it might be a 'slice and dice' - sort of turning the topper into a 9-patch aimed at rotating the patches to re-distribute the dominant fabric throughout the top. In the end this is what I did, just for fun.

I did fail to take into account that I would lose some of my points into the new seams, but I don't think they're too obvious :eek: .

Now to try the uploads ...

before:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465352[/ATTACH]

sliced & diced
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465353[/ATTACH]

rejoined
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465351[/ATTACH]

finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465354[/ATTACH]

I'm a childminder, and one of my charges has already claimed this as his own, cos it's got rabbits on it!!

Thanks again Judy, and I'll definitely be along for the next ride too....

Kate

Wavewatcher 03-02-2014 08:29 PM

Wow! Siodach, I love your quilt top. I am sure the little one will love finding the rabbits and the fun shapes your slice and dice created.

jaba 03-03-2014 06:16 AM

Everyone is coming up with a really nice quilt and or table topper. Love the slice and dice though, will have to keep that one in my memory for future project. Great job and the border is fab!!

Daisy Dew 03-03-2014 07:56 AM

Oh Kate!! Welcome and I like how you interpreted your quilt - how clever - might have to incorporate some of your techniques! Ha Ha sounds like you will be sewing several little toppers for those sweet charges of yours. Happy sewing!
Linda

SulaBug 03-03-2014 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 6605319)
Hello everyone from a chillyScotland. This post will be a series of firsts for me - first post on the board, first mystery quilt, first train ride. I've had a great time doing my first official 'scrappy' quilt!
Here's hoping I'll be able to upload my pictures first time too :)

However this is not the first time I've been unable to follow pattern instructions! (With apologies to Judy for adapting her great pattern.)

I had such a fun time trying to predict what the twist would be for the final clue. I thought it might be a 'slice and dice' - sort of turning the topper into a 9-patch aimed at rotating the patches to re-distribute the dominant fabric throughout the top. In the end this is what I did, just for fun.

I did fail to take into account that I would lose some of my points into the new seams, but I don't think they're too obvious :eek: .

Now to try the uploads ...

before:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465352[/ATTACH]

sliced & diced
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465353[/ATTACH]

rejoined
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465351[/ATTACH]

finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465354[/ATTACH]

I'm a childminder, and one of my charges has already claimed this as his own, cos it's got rabbits on it!!

Thanks again Judy, and I'll definitely be along for the next ride too....

Kate

Kate...............It is absolutely FANTASTIC!! Thank you so much for sharing your project with all of us. I know that I will be looking at mine a little bit differently now, to see how I might make mine extra special!! GREAT JOB.
:D :D :D :D

purtercat92 03-03-2014 07:21 PM

That turned out beautiful M-Fay!!!

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 6604723)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465289[/ATTACH]My effort so far...i'm doing for a single bed.for my little Granddaughter

purtercat92 03-03-2014 07:29 PM

Kate, your topper is wonderful!! I wish I had that kind of imagination and creativity!!! Thank you for sharing!

pbadder 03-03-2014 08:38 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...936-465592.JPGfinally finished the border on my second set here it is