Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/mystery-quilt-train-ride-6-welcome-aboard-t240020.html)

SulaBug 05-29-2014 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 6732631)
Finally finished my first scrappy top! I just love it. Thanks for the ride :)

WOW!! :D That is so lovely, I just love it!! :D Can you tell me if those are Prairie Points that you put around your border? They really make your top very striking looking. Great Job!!
:D :D :D :D

tlambing 05-30-2014 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sulabug, it's actually a pp border using scraps. All of the points are made of 2 different fabrics. Thanks for the compliment!

SulaBug 05-30-2014 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 6737246)
Sulabug, it's actually a pp border using scraps. All of the points are made of 2 different fabrics. Thanks for the compliment!

Thank you for letting me know. I can see it clearly in your new picture. You certainly have done a great job with this border. I will have to try that sometime!!
:D :D :D :D

AngeliaNR 05-31-2014 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
When we began this mystery train, I cut out three lap quilts in different Christmas colorways. I've posted the one with deep reds and greens and the one with pastels. Here is my third, and final, mystery train #6 quilt. I took some liberties with the setting on this one. (PS: It really is not as wonky as it looks. My quilt display hardware is pretty primitive! :) )

Thanks so much to Judy for the ride!

sewbeadit 05-31-2014 05:14 PM

tlambing, this is an awesome looking quilt. I didn't do the "ride" but have been enjoying all the pics and info. Lovely quilt!

coopah 06-01-2014 04:34 AM

tlambing, you are really a go getter for the #6 train! Nice work! It's interesting how the setting changes the look. Also, I recognize the snowman in the last block picture (the bottom right snowman)...I had some of that fabric,too! :D

chefbwarner 06-01-2014 10:04 AM

Angelia, I just fell in love. I have a slew of Christmas fabrics on the table and was looking for something to do. And I still have all the directions saved from that train ride. hmmmmmmm Have a great day all from extremely wet Florida. Retta

Anoka Quilter 06-01-2014 11:25 AM

AngeliaNR that is a great quilt and I like how you set the blocks.

AngeliaNR 06-01-2014 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by chefbwarner (Post 6740103)
Angelia, I just fell in love. I have a slew of Christmas fabrics on the table and was looking for something to do. And I still have all the directions saved from that train ride. hmmmmmmm Have a great day all from extremely wet Florida. Retta

It goes together really well whether on point or not--great instructions! Have fun.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. This was my first train and I really enjoyed it.

Daisy Dew 06-02-2014 08:57 AM

That is soooo nice!! love what you did!