Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-baltimore-album-quilt-starts-today-t97786.html)

BonniFeltz 02-11-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by nanaquilter
Just printed out the first block. It looks like it will really be pretty. I have lots of fat quarters in batiks but will need to get background fabric. Will the 4 yards allow for mistakes or should I buy some extra for "just in case"?

I'm a paranoid quilter. I bought five just in case which is way more than what was originally called for. Since it is a neutral background I figured I could always use it.

BonniFeltz 02-11-2011 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I have my center block colors all figured out. I put in my blue in there also since I think it broke up all the darker colors.

dream56 02-11-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
I think I have my center block colors all figured out. I put in my blue in there also since I think it broke up all the darker colors.

Bonni - it looks great.

Now to figure our what colors I'm going to use. Thanks Peg for a wonderful BOM. Love seeing Applique.

nanaquilter 02-11-2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

It looks really great. I like the blue in there too. I can't wait to get the fabric so I can get started.

PokerDiva 02-11-2011 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my center square. It is not perfect but from what I understand you are suppose to view fine paintings from a distance. Might I suggest that you view this from Boston.

BonniFeltz 02-11-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Here is my center square. It is not perfect but from what I understand you are suppose to view fine paintings from a distance. Might I suggest that you view this from Boston.

wow! you're done already? I'm impressed and in awe. :)

It looks wonderful. I didn't think about putting in a blue vase.

gal288 02-11-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Peg thanks so much for the link...you are a wonderful teacher, so patient with all our newbie questions.

When students take a class in my studio, they are welcome to come & work here annytime they want. My motto is no quilt will be left unnfinished, no student left puzzled. Years ago when I took classes, I would get home, stumble, &the quilt would end up either unfinished, or not square &be a mess.

Even now,,, with the students from the local shop where I teach, come to my studio to finish.

Send your questions, I WILL help you as much as I can.

gal288 02-11-2011 02:27 PM

Just printed out the first block. It looks like it will really be pretty. I have lots of fat quarters in batiks but will need to get background fabric. Will the 4 yards allow for mistakes or should I buy some extra for "just in case"?

If you are buying a basic neutral that can be used somewhere else, it can't hurt to have a fudge factor.
I bought 5 yards, if I want to make the quilt a little bigger, I have it.

gal288 02-11-2011 02:27 PM

If you are buying a basic neutral that can be used somewhere else, it can't hurt to have a fudge factor.
I bought 5 yards, if I want to make the quilt a little bigger, I have it.

gal288 02-11-2011 02:30 PM

Bonni,, beautiful, I glad you added the blue it really works. I also like tht you made the stems dark &leaves lighter. G reat job!