Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Baltimore BOM to begin 2/8/2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-baltimore-bom-begin-2-8-2011-a-t96076.html)

PokerDiva 02-03-2011 01:38 PM

I really would like to do this too. Would it work if I bought the fabric for the backround and made all the applique scrappy from my stash?

quiltinghere 02-03-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

Originally Posted by Woolie
is is feb 8th yet???

I've never been really good with applique but I've always wanted to do a Baltimore. I'm debating if I'll be up to this challenge or not.

Even if you do just one or two or even every other one - it'll still be more than you've done before - right?

I'm going to give it a try as I've never done applicue before

Woolie 02-03-2011 02:03 PM

is is feb 8th yet???

I've never been really good with applique but I've always wanted to do a Baltimore. I'm debating if I'll be up to this challenge or not.

well I actually thought I would attempt it with wool...much more forgiving! lol

fancifrock 02-03-2011 02:06 PM

This is one of my favorite quilts. I can hardly wait until Feb 8!!!! I will be joining all of you for this BOM

Thank you for doing it.

gal288 02-03-2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Belles
Yes, yes, yes! I'm with you and the beautiful Baltimore Album Block of the Month. Like so many other QB members, I've always wanted to make a BA and having one available on the Quilting Board and FREE is almost too good to be true. Thank you qal288 for spearheading this project. Belles

My pleasure,, Ireally like Them!
:D

gal288 02-03-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by iapam
I would love to join you in the BA. How do I get involved? Thanks for this opportunity. I love this website!!!!!

pattern will be posted 2/8 on the block of the month page. Bookmark it and it will be easy to call up each month

:-D

gal288 02-03-2011 03:28 PM

M

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

is is feb 8th yet???

Even if you do just one or two or even every other one - it'll still be more than you've done before - right?

I'm going to give it a try as I've never done applicue before

That's right,,, you can always make a wallhanging from the blocks done

gal288 02-03-2011 03:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I chose the batik fabrics shown here to give the quilt a modern edge, besides I love them!

You can choose anything you like, it's your quilt and you should make it to fit your decor. There are no rules, unless you want a traditional Album quilt. If anyone does, look at one of Elly Sienkiewicz books or go to here website to see how she does them. www.ellysienkiewicz.com

Color2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141737[/ATTACH]

Background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142019[/ATTACH]

Color1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142091[/ATTACH]

gal288 02-03-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
I really would like to do this too. Would it work if I bought the fabric for the backround and made all the applique scrappy from my stash?

Absolutely, anything goes, it's your quilt.

:lol:

Matilda 02-03-2011 04:25 PM

Thank you Peg. This sounds like a lot of fun!