Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee, July 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-july-2017-a-t289350.html)

Oksewnsew 07-15-2017 05:37 AM

Your blocks are fantastic, so glad to see you sewing again. Great job. :thumbup:

carrot 07-15-2017 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 7862683)
Whew! It took me a while to read all of the posts from the beginning. I saw the new block listings and even copied them but forgot to comment so I wasn't getting any updates! Lol! Today, I finally realized why there weren't any updates!

Welcome to the newcomers! This is a wonderful thread.

Lovely blocks! Thanks everyone for posting and the lively and informative conversations.

Carrot: Where did you go for your loft sewing day? It reminds me of the Hutchinson quilt shop.

I haven't started this month's blocks yet as I am trying to finish a few baby tops.

Connie

Connie it is Quilt Haven in Hutchinson!!! Laughter in the Loft the first Friday of the month. You would need to call ahead and sign up-- it tends to fill up and they only have room for 22 people. Always learning new things and a lot of laughter !!

kristijoy 07-15-2017 11:36 AM

I love your block board! I made one too. It really helps to keep things straight and if you need to...pick up your project and put it on another table in case you need to hem some pants or something!

kristijoy 07-15-2017 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's July for me! I'm loving this new colorway. So bright and cheery!

I decided to see if I could do the first one without having to break up the big red triangles. I didn't need a 'set-in-seam', but I did have to use 2 partial seems, which was a bit to keep track of! I'm happy with how it turned out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576573[/ATTACH]

petthefabric 07-15-2017 11:53 AM

Kristi, love the happy colors. And not breaking up that zig-zag print is very affective.

hav4boys 07-15-2017 05:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am caught up...

Oksewnsew 07-15-2017 06:12 PM

Boy you gals are really perkin' this month..:) Great job.

Lv2sew2011 07-15-2017 07:01 PM

Jan, Thank you! not sure on sashing color yet but yes I will be using it.

Thank, you Jean!

Kristi, love your color choices, and of course your work too!

Have4boys awesome work and colors.

I'm so happy to join this Bee, not able to keep up with swaps because of taking care of dad. But if it wasn't for quilting I would go nuts, I'm not one to just sit around and do nothing. :-)

retiredteacher09 07-15-2017 08:07 PM

Wow! Lovely blocks are being posted. I need to get busy and get mine done!

Carrot: Thanks for the information. I stopped there for the Shop Hop last year. I may have to try it sometime and bug one of my extended family members for a bed for the night. Lol! A great niece lives in Dassel so that wouldn't be too far.

Connie

Just Jan 07-16-2017 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by kristijoy (Post 7864437)
Here's July for me! I'm loving this new colorway. So bright and cheery!

I decided to see if I could do the first one without having to break up the big red triangles. I didn't need a 'set-in-seam', but I did have to use 2 partial seems, which was a bit to keep track of! I'm happy with how it turned out!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576573[/ATTACH]

Very nice blocks. Your new colorway is going to make a happy quilt.:)
Glad you made a block board. I find mine very useful to keep the little pieces from getting brushed off onto the floor, as well as keeping them in the right order.