Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New Quilting Bee, July 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-quilting-bee-july-2017-a-t289350.html)

jaba 07-28-2017 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got mine done too![ATTACH=CONFIG]577528[/ATTACH]

Just Jan 07-28-2017 02:24 PM

WOW such pretty blocks ladies! Especially like your lavender and aqua together, Jaba, and that paisley is gorgeous.

QuiltnNan 07-28-2017 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7866578)
Here is my July Mid-month block, Dutch Pinwheel. [ATTACH=CONFIG]576798[/ATTACH]

this block reminds me of Pac Man characters LOL

tscweaves 07-28-2017 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What pretty blocks posted in the last few days!

Here is some new quilter excitement for you, I have just made 16 HST that all came out to the same size! I was so pleased while trimming them and seeing them all the same size. I am still working on catch up blocks, this is the start of a February block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577531[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 07-28-2017 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lovely blocks, everyone!

tscweaves: Congratulations on your HST's!

Here is my Auntie's Puzzle block:

Connie[ATTACH=CONFIG]577534[/ATTACH]

tscweaves 07-29-2017 07:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Connie - cute block:-)

I am back from my weaving conference and settled back into everyday stuff. I have added a couple of tools to my sewing arsenal which are proving helpful. I picked up a folding cutting table on Craigslist for a good price. What a back saver that is. I had been doing all my layouts and cutting on my dining room table and it was just too low. This is nice because if I need my dining room as a real dining room, the cutting table can fold up and my drop-leaf dining table can come back out.

I also now have a scant 1/4" piecing foot and it really improved my seams. I was using an acrylic guide and it seemed that I could never get it quite right. I got the foot for both my short and slant shank machines. I really like having useful tools for a given craft. There are so many things out there that sounds good but just don't work as hoped.

I finished a catch-up block: February's Grandma's Favorite and the July bonus block Flying Squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577563[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577564[/ATTACH]

tscweaves 07-29-2017 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished another catch-up block, this one is Duck and Ducklings from May. First time for Flying Geese for me, they are kind of a PITA to do but it worked out okay. One more and I will have one block from every month - whew!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577581[/ATTACH]

Fabric Galore 07-29-2017 12:29 PM

I finally had the strength to finish Auntie's PUzzle yesterday and now I have to figure out how to post it. My computer crashed last week and I just got it back yesterday. I have to download all of my software all over again. What a headache. Hopefully, I will figure things out in a week or so. I hate changes on my computer; I just had everything the way I wanted it and BOOM CRASH.

tscweaves 07-29-2017 03:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fabric Galore - I feel for you, I detest computer issues. The other day my horrid HP printer almost went out the 3rd story window:-)

I now have at least one block from every month made, I can't believe that I have popped all of these blocks out this month. Bring on August! LOL I have to say thank-you to Just Jan, your recommendations to make a block board and to get the perfect square ruler has helped the quality of my blocks so much. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge with me.

Here is one of April's blocks, Farmer's Daughter:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577622[/ATTACH]

Since it sounds like you folks are expecting me to make a quilt out of all these blocks, I started playing with arrangements:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577623[/ATTACH]

retiredteacher09 07-29-2017 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More lovely blocks!

I put most of my blocks into a baby quilt top since the batiks I used in many of them were given to me for charity baby quilts. It measures 40.5" by 44". I'm not sure if I will finish it or let the charity do it.

Connie[ATTACH=CONFIG]577650[/ATTACH]