Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-york-beauty-quilt-along-begins-oct-1st-t199410.html)

sweet 10-11-2012 02:44 PM

Well, I am jumping in with both feet! I'd just love to join y'all in doing this beautiful project. Paper piecing is kinda new to me as is the curve sewing but darn it, I'm in. Have been working on "block 0" and noticed my one inch size is a bit smaller than an inch. I'm in a tizzy as to whether I should start over again...... Hmmm, will figure this out soon. :)

amh 10-11-2012 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by sweet (Post 5578688)
Well, I am jumping in with both feet! I'd just love to join y'all in doing this beautiful project. Paper piecing is kinda new to me as is the curve sewing but darn it, I'm in. Have been working on "block 0" and noticed my one inch size is a bit smaller than an inch. I'm in a tizzy as to whether I should start over again...... Hmmm, will figure this out soon. :)

It will be fine as long as when you print off the other blocks the one inch size is the same as on block 0. Your final project will be slightly smaller, but your blocks will all fit together.

amh
Saskatoon SK Canada

kristen0112 10-12-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sweet (Post 5578688)

Welcome! Can't wait to see your blocks :-)

kristen0112 10-12-2012 11:49 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A couple of you have said you've had issues with the curved piecing. I took some pictures I hope that they help. They show the stitched seam allowance, the clipping of the seam allowance, marking the pieces by folding in half (for alignment) and using LOTS of pins. I also will sometimes split the paper when needed for aligning the pieces together.

Annaquilts 10-12-2012 01:17 PM

Thank you Kristen. These pictures are very helpful.

sweet 10-12-2012 02:38 PM

WOW, those pictures are going to help a lot!

(PS. Decided to re-print the couple of blocks to get my true inch :) so I am starting over )

QuiltingKrazy 10-12-2012 05:46 PM

OH CRAP! I forgot about this thread and me wanting to do this! I want to do so much I cant keep up! SOOOOooo
I guess I'll be playing catch up this weekend! Love the blocks shared so far.

Anael 10-12-2012 10:10 PM

Oh you stitch the seam allowance! I never thought of that! When I'm ready to start these blocks I will try that. Thanks Kristen!

QM 10-15-2012 03:12 AM

SulaBug, I really like the ones you've done.

QM 10-15-2012 03:14 AM

Sustraley, It gets much easier. You did well on those.